Broken | 1

I'm obsessed with this song atm, make sure to check it out. ^^

———

"Will you quit staring at me!?" I finally snapped, digging my fingernails into my palms.

"Hunter, you need to be vocal about your emotions. Tell me, what's been troubling you at school?" The therapist who's name I'd yet to remember asked calmly, holding her notebook with her legs crossed, her high heels glistening in the bright light of the room.

"Will you just leave me the fuck alone?" I sighed, looking at the small crescent shaped moons I'd carved into my palms from digging my fingernails into them. "I don't want to fucking be here as it is. At least just leave me alone..."

"Why don't you wanna be here? Tell me." She said, her glasses pursed on her nose as she began to write something down in her notebook.

"Because I don't like you, so I'm obviously not gonna sit here and talk about my feelings like a dumbass!"

"Please, watch your profanity. Oh, the hour's up. I'll see you Thursday, Hunter, it was nice meeting you." I stood up and checked the time, seeing that it was 5 o'clock, which meant that I'd have to be home soon. Aunt Tammy won't be too happy if I roll in past curfew again.

I left the therapist's office and pressed the elevator button, waiting impatiently for the elevator to come back up to the top floor. Finally—after waiting for an annoyingly long 2 minutes—the elevator came back to the top. The doors opened and I stepped inside, seeing a tall boy standing there.

I bumped his shoulder and glared at him, leaning against the walls of the elevator and taking my phone out of my pocket.

"What's your problem?" He asked with an annoyed eye roll.

"You. And my therapy sessions." I shrugged, my bracelets sliding up my arm, showcasing the many scars on my wrist.

He looked at my wrist and something flashed through his eyes, either pity or disgust. That's the looks usually got when someone noticed the many scars aligning my wrist.

"Were you at my mom's office?" He asked, his voice a little kinder than before.

"I don't know, I was in some bitch's office, I don't bother to learn much about my therapists." I sighed, scrolling through my feed on Instagram.

"Was her name Mrs. Jackson?"

"Yeah, I think that was it." I said, not taking my eyes off my phone.

"Yep, you were in my mom's office."

"That's nice, I don't like her, along with you. I guess it runs in the family." I grumbled, letting out a sigh of relief when the elevator arrived on the last floor.

"Nice seeing ya'. Not really, but I'm trying to be semi-friendly here. Goodbye forever." I said, giving him a lazy salute.

He rolled his eyes and made a 'tsh' noise, not bothering to wave back at me. I left the building and went to the parking lot, digging my keys out of my pocket.

I unlocked my car and hopped in the driver's seat, revving the engine to life. I backed up and pulled out of the parking lot, driving way over the speed limit to get home.

I was still having trouble navigating around the city, seeing that'd I'd just moved in a week ago, I wasn't exactly an expert at finding my way around the city. Eventually I found the house and pulled into the driveway, arriving about 15 minutes before 6 o'clock.

I stepped out of my car and locked it, then got my house key out of my pocket, managing to drop it on the ground.

I grumbled an incoherent cuss word and leaned down to pick the key up, dropping my phone as I leaned down.

"Fuck." I half-yelled aloud, scrunching my eyebrows together in annoyance. "Dumbass phone." I grumbled, picking it up and shoving it in the pocket of my skinny jeans.

"Hunter, get your ass in the house and quit yelling. The whole neighborhood's gonna hear you." Aunt Tammy screeched at me, walking outside with her apron on.

"Sorry." I groaned, heading inside and up to my room.

"Get your ass back down here, Hunter. Supper's ready." Aunt Tammy yelled.

"Alright, I'm coming, jeez." I called back, walking back downstairs.

I made it to the dining room and sat down at the table, waiting for her to put food on my plate.

"Get your lazy ass up and set the table. I ain't doing everything for you." She said with a hand on her hip.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, grabbing a couple plates and setting them on the table, along with some silverware.

"That's better." She said approvingly, putting food on my plate. She piled food on her own plate and sat down, beginning to eat her food silently.

I finished my food and stood up, forgetting to put my plate in the sink.

"Hunter, wash that plate." Aunt Tammy said with her eyebrows furrowed, eating her macaroni.

I let out an annoyed sigh and grabbed my plate, washing it and putting it in the sink. I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the time, seeing that it was only 6:17.

"Aunt Tammy, can I go get a coffee?" I asked, glancing in her direction with my hands shoved in my pockets.

"Sure, but don't stay out any later than 9, you have school in the morning."

"Ugh, don't remind me." I sighed to myself, heading out the door. I saw a café a little ways down the street so I decided to just walk down there, might as well get a little fresh air.

A cool breeze was blowing outside, keeping the weather warm but cool enough so that it wasn't hot. I kicked a pebble down the sidewalk until I was in front of the café, then went through the doors inside.

"Hello?" I called, not seeing anyone behind the counter.

I sighed, about ready to leave when someone arrived behind the counter. I turned around and made eye contact with him, seeing the boy from the elevator.

—————————————

This is the first chapter of my new story. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but make sure to tell me if you like it and vote and comment. <3