Broken | 16

Good song ^^ Make sure to check it out :D

———

We strolled silently down the street, a comfortable silence filling the air. My hands were in my pockets and my head hung as I stared at the ground as we walked, kicking a pebble until we stood in front of the café.

"I think I've been here a couple times," Dylan said as he opened the door, holding it for me as I entered the building.

And once I saw who stood behind the counter a smirk consumed my face.

"Grayson! So good to see you, feels like it's been ages!" I exclaimed in fake excitement, flailing my arms in the air for effect.

Grayson looked up from his phone in horror. "Oh god, not again." He sighed, facepalming himself and banging his head down on the counter.

"Hey now, I'm not that bad, am I?" I snickered, walking up to the counter. Dylan followed behind me, smiling slightly, though it looked forced.

I swear I could feel the tension in the air.

I was kind of curious as to why they didn't like each other, 'cause it seemed that when they were in the same room that it was just suddenly tense as hell. It bugged me since I could sense the tension, but I didn't know what had happened between the two of them.

I could easily tell that they didn't like each other though.

"Well, I don't know what I should order. Everything looks good," I glanced up at the menu, trying to decide what I should order.

"Maybe I should get a frappuccino..." I pondered, rubbing my chin, "Then I can get white girl wasted."

"Just order already and put me out of my misery." Grayson sighed, ruffling his hair.

"Quit messing your hair up, it's bugging me,"  I leaned forward over the counter and fixed Grayson's hair for him, pushing it back in place. As good as he looked with messy hair, it still bugged me to see him mess up his perfect hair.

Not that I had OCD or anything, but sometimes the little things bugged me.

"Alright, I'll have a frappé," I decided, leaning off the counter and standing beside Dylan. "What do you want?"

"Eh, I'll get a tea." He said, pointing to some random item on the menu.

"Alright, you're total will be $5.65," Grayson punched a couple buttons on the register and glancing back up at us.

"Kay, I'm paying though," Dylan insisted, pulling his wallet out of his back pocket. I just nodded my head, not arguing with him since I knew it'd be pointless.

Once Dylan had paid we went to sit down at a table, beginning to chat about random things. After a little while of waiting Grayson brought our drinks out, setting them on the table before us.

"Thanks." I smiled slightly, taking a sip of my drink. It was bittersweet, just how I liked it. Dylan thanked him as well, then Grayson went back behind the counter, not speaking another word to the two of us.

"What's up with you and Grayson?" I questioned after a while of us just sitting there and enjoying our drinks.

"Well, let's just say that the two of us have a little history with each other," Dylan smirked, glancing over at Grayson.

I raised a questioning eyebrow, also glancing back at Grayson, who'd already been looking at Dylan and me.

"What do you mean 'history'?" I asked, completely confused as to what Dylan meant.

"We knew each other before I came to this school," Dylan said, turning his attention back to me.

"Ah, I see. So why does it feel so tense around you two?" I questioned further, curious as to why the pair never really seemed to like each other.

"Well, before I came here I lived a couple towns over. I used to come here over the summer to visit my dad, though. Well, that's when I met Grayson. We became friends, but eventually our friendship evolved into a relationship, and then we were a private couple. But things went south. Grayson wasn't ready to come out to his friends and I wanted to go public with our relationship, but he simply refused. After a while of keeping it private, I eventually got tired of it and we broke up. It was hard, but I finally got over it after a bit. Well, all of that happened last summer, then I moved here. Now, here we are," He gestured to Grayson, who was still looking at Dylan, a mixed expression on his face.

"So why aren't y'all friends or anything? Was it that bad?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink.

"Well he's never made any moves to try and talk to me and neither have I to him. We just grew apart I guess," He shrugged, seeming unconcerned about it.

I furrowed my brows, finally understanding what he was trying to tell me.

"So you guys broke up and Grayson probably hasn't gotten over the relationship yet, but no one knows 'cause he hasn't told anyone that he's gay?" I said, but it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Basically, yeah," Dylan nodded his head, taking a sip of his tea, "Man, this is good."

I took my bottom lip between my teeth, glancing over at Grayson. He didn't look too happy to see Dylan, and I had a feeling that there was a little more to the story than what Dylan was letting on, but I decided not to push it.

He didn't seem to care much about their relationship, which made me think that he probably didn't care that much when he and Grayson had actually been dating, but he seemed to have a care-free attitude about talking about the breakup.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but most people don't really enjoy talking about breakups, even if they're over it. I'd had a few boyfriends in my day but I still didn't like opening up those old wounds, so I never really talked about my old relationships.

But Dylan, he just seemed a little too comfortable talking about Grayson and his relationship. And Grayson didn't even seem remotely comfortable being around Dylan, so I figured that there was probably multiple reasons on why the pair broke up.

I shook it off and dropped the subject, wanting to get the thoughts out of my head completely. Grayson's old relationships were none of my business, and as much as I wanted to know more about it, I knew it was probably for the best if I butted out of it.

———————————

So here's a new chapter. Now you know Dylan and Grayson's history. Ooh, plot twist, they were a couple!!! Who woulda thunk it, am I right. Anyways, vote and comment! 💕🙌🏻