| Chapter 24 |

Chapter 24

"What happened to you? Last time I saw you, you were perfectly fine." I asked as I sat down on the grass with Austin. He's doing so well lately. I just thought I should take him outside. It's about time he got out of his room. My body sank down softly in the soft green finely cut grass. The bright shining sun, shone down on us as we sat near the blooming flowers that polluted Austin's garden.

"Life happened, I guess." He replied with a shrug. He laid down on the grass with his hands behind his head.

"Mind giving me a detailed explanation." I was just so curious. I want to know what happened to him.

He turned his head to look at me and gave a dry laugh before he answered, "You really want me to bore you with the story of my life."

"I'm all ears."

"I just don't think I can trust you though." He said, gazing at the clear sky above us.

"Why?" I asked, placing a hand on my 'broken' heart.

"You don't seem like a trustworthy person." He said with a chuckle

"You're lucky I don't have anything to hit you with right now." I said.

A comfortable silence surrounded us until a light bulb went on in my head.

"How about I tell you what happened to my parents in return for the story of your life?" I negotiated. I smirked as he sat up. Someone looks interested.

"Are you really going to tell me about your parents just so you can listen to my boring story?"

"I'm willing to share my story with you. Plus I want to help you, Austin." I told him. Which is true. I do want to help him. Not only is he physically hurt but he's emotionally and mentally hurt as well.

"You want to help me after what I've done to you?" He asked.

"Hey, I don't believe in holding grudges or revenge."

"Soooo....water under the bridge?" He asked nervously.

"Suree." I said, even though I was still uncertain about the 'water under the bridge' part.

"Start talking." He said and continued to gaze at the sky.

I took a deep breath before I started talking. "My parents were happily married. We were the definition of a perfect family. When I was 10 years old, my dad found a job in this town that paid extremely well. On a bitterly cold April afternoon, my dad went out for a jog to clear his head after a long and tiring day at work....but sadly he never came back home. I remember how my mother and I waited all night for him to come back home. The excitement that rushed in my body as I waited to tell him that I was going to have a little sister soon...but he never came back home to hear the exciting news. I sat by the door almost everyday, waiting for him to come back home. After a few months, the police found his dead body near a forest. The shock of his death was like a punch to the stomach. It was hard to move on at first but life had to go on. It was on the 3rd of November, and my mom was seven months pregnant. After my father's death, my mother changed for the better. It was like her life stopped functioning. Unfortunately I also lost my mother in a car accident." I stopped talking as the memories came rushing in.

My mothers eyes were on the road, her hands placed tightly on the steering wheel. I was busy ranting out baby names when my voice was drowned out by a blaring horn. I watch as my mother's eyes bulge out of their sockets in horror. The car was twisting and turning in the air. I let out screams as we tumbled like clothes in a washing machine. The car stopped - silent

My eyes fluttered open, realizing that that we had landed upside down.

"MOM!"

My vision was blurry but I still managed to take my seat belt off.

"MOM! WAKE UP!"

My mother was drenched in blood. The sight was horrifying. I wanted to look away but at the same time I had to save my mother.

Suddenly the car gave a slight roar before flames started clouding the backseats of the car.

"MOM! WE HAVE TO GET OUT! WAKE UP!"

How was I supposed to get her out. I tried stabbing my mom's seat belt with a sharp glass but it was no good.
"P-Please." I sobbed.

I jumped out the car and backed away as the flames engulfed my mother alive.

"MOM! MOM! NO! HELP PLEASE!"

I watched as my mother disappeared behind the hungry flames....and so did my little sister disappear.

_____________________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

Instagram: __shortcake_x
YouTube: shortcake_xx

Thank You!