| Chapter 36 |

Chapter 36:

"Why are you here?"

"I came to talk to you?"

He turned around to face me, gave me a blank face and folded his arms. His left eye was blue and swollen.

"He was here, wasn't he?" I asked as my eyes traced his blue eye and the cuts on his jawline.

"Is that what you came here to ask?"

"No, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you, in fact I'm worried about you Austin."

"There's nothing to worry about."

"Well, we have a biology project at school and I got paired with you." I said.

"I don't go to school anymore so you'll have to do that shit by yourself."

"The thing, is we get marks for team work and Miss Fletcher wants you in her class by tomorrow."

"Well you can go tell Miss fucking Fletcher that I'm not coming back to school, not tomorrow or ever." He said.

"Austin please. If you don't pitch up I might fail this project and I need those marks."

"That sounds like a you problem Aaliyah, close the door on your way out." He said and flopped down on his bed.

I gave out a loud sigh and did I was told. Mrs Ryder must have noticed my defeated face because she stood up from the couch and held my hand as soon as my feet hit the last step.

"Austin is bipolar. His emotions are all over the place. I apologize on his behalf if he said anything inappropriate." She said as she caressed the back of my hand.

"No matter how hard he tries to deny it, he needs our help. This disorder has completely replaced him with a person I don't even recognize anymore." She said with blue teary eyes.

"The only way you can help him is by getting rid of your husband." I said

Her eyes went wide and she looked at the wooden polished floor. She let go of my hand and started pacing up and down the room.

"I can't do that. If I turn him to the police he will find out and he'll kill me. He's too dangerous. I can't Aaliyah, I can't."

"If he can hurt Austin like that imagine what he'll do to Jessica."

She stopped pacing around the room and sat on the couch. She began rubbing her temples and closed her eyes.

"He won't hurt Jessica. He won't, he can't. Jessica is his daughter. And..and he loves her. No. No." She said. It sounded more like she assuring herself rather than assuring me.

"So he's abusing Austin because he's not his real son, is that what you're saying?"

Her eyes betrayed her as streams of tears began pouring out.

"I have to go." I announced and was about to step out of the luxurious house when she spoke, "Help me help my son, Aaliyah."

"Austin doesn't need my help. He needs his mother." And with that I walked out.

_________________

Don't Forget To Vote And Drop A Few Comments.💞⚡

Follow me on Instagram: king_zeze.x