| Chapter 51 |

Chapter 51

A U S T I N P O V

"Really, a graveyard? You brought me to a graveyard? You do realize it's my birthday, right? Not Halloween."

"Aww, is little Austin scared of a graveyard?" Aaliyah asked in a teasingly manner.

I scoffed and folded my arms infront of my chest, "Pssh, no I'm not."

We continued walking through different graves, honestly, the graveyard creeps me out. White balloons, a woman and a little girl dressed in all white came into view. Chloé and Jessica, what are they doing here.

"Aaliyah what is going on?" I whispered to her. She smiled, held my hand and pulled me gently towards the decorated tombstones. There were candles beside the two tombstones and white roses were placed on them. I trailed my eyes on the writing in calligraphy on the first tombstone.

Loved by all.
Rest In Peace
Rose Walker

The second tombstone had the same writing but a different name yet the the same surname.

Ethan Walker.

"How did you find them?" I whispered as a tear ran down my cheek.

"I asked the orphanage for some help and the police as well. The information they gave me was actually useful and I was able to find out where your biological parents were buried."

I shook my head like a baby throwing a temper tantrum. I shook my head again, unable to process what I've just heard and seen.

"Austin, your parents never left you. Your parents were murdered and for some reason the charges were dropped. Mrs Ryder was your mom's best friend, she took you to St Mary's Orphanage when your parents died. She took you there because she didn't want you to grow up in an abusive home. But unfortunately her worst fear became a reality. She had to adopt you because the orphanage couldn't take care of you anymore. Mrs Ryder tried to protect you from your foster dad. She got him arrested once but he was released a few days later." Aaliyah spoke while she rubbed my hand in circles with her fingers.

"I brought you here so that you could meet your biological parents. I'm sure wherever they are, they are happy to see you."

There was a white blanket that was spread across the grass right infront of the tombstones. The scented candles gave off a vanilla scent that calmed me down. Jessica was already seated on the blanket as she got food out of the picnic basket.

"Sit down amd I'll tell you all about your parents, honey." Chloé beamed at me as she gestured towards the blanket.

For the first time in my life, I was happy. Genuinely happy. My parents never left me, they were taken away from me.

We all sat down on the blanket as Chloé told us stories about my parents. I finally know where I come from.

"That necklace.." Chloé pointed to the necklace around my neck, she gave to me when I first moved in with her. "It's a family heirloom. It belonged to your mother's great great grandmother, which was passed down to your mother's great grandmother, which was then passed down to your mother's grandmother then-

"Okay Chloé, I get the idea." I cut her off.

"Your mother gave it to me before she died. She gave to me so that I could give it to you. As long as you have that necklace, your parents will always be with you."

"Thanks Chloé, for everything." I stood up to hug her.

"You'll never be alone Austin." She said as she hugged me back.

I'll never be alone. No matter where I go.

------------------------------------

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

thank uu💕