| Chapter 37 |

Chapter 37:

I wish I could say that I woke up to the loud sound of my alarm ringing. How can I wake up to my alarm ringing if I didn't sleep at all?

I did my usual morning routine but put more warm clothes this time. Winter was slowly approaching.

I would walk to school but it was too windy and judging by the way I'm so skinny, there's no doubt I'll get blown away. So I called Amanda and asked her to fetch me.

I made sure all doors were locked before jogging to her car. By her car I mean her dad's car.

"Put on your seat belt." She said as soon as I was seated in the passenger seat.

"Why? It's only a 15 minutes drive to our school."

"Fine then, don't put on your seat belt. I won't be held responsible though if your head hits the dashboard." She said while slowly reversing out of my driveway.

"My head won't just magically hit the dashboard. You just don't want to admit that you're bad driver and you're scared of getting us into an accident."

"Do you really wanna walk to school? Cause it would be a pleasure to kick you out of this car." She said as she frantically changed gears when she missed a hump.

"You wouldn't do that. You'll be bored without me."

"I'd rather be bored then listen to your annoying voice complain about my driving skills."

"Okay I'll shut up."

That's how my friendship with Amanda works. We don't normally greet each other. We just start blabbing about random things. We complain about each other to each other.
Our circle might be small but we like it that way. We don't believe in that 'the more, the merrier' shit. The less, the better.

"How did your talk with Austin go?" She asked as her eyes scanned for an open parking space.

"He doesn't wanna come back to school." i said with a sigh.

"What will you tell Miss Fletcher then?" Amanda asked. She took the keys out of the ignition and the engine's roar died.

"The truth. I'll just have to convince her to let me do the project alone."

I debated in my head whether I should tell her about Austin's disorder.

She's your best friend, you tell her everything. A voice within my head said.

What about Austin? How do you think he'll feel if he finds out that you told someone about his disorder. Mrs Ryder told you because she trusts you. Another voice argued back.

Well then I guess it's pretty clear who won the debate. I just hope I can go the whole day without telling Amanda about this.

"I have to rush to the library to finish my Maths homework. You know how Mr L gets when his work is not done."

She gave me a sloppy peck on my cheek. I used my jacket sleeve to wipe my cheek which led to Amanda giving me her long manicured middle finger. I only smiled wickedly in return and we went our separate ways.

I hated walking alone so I took my phone out from my pocket and tapped on rondom buttons.

When I reached my locker I put all the books I didn't need inside and took out the ones I needed for my first class, which was English.

I decided to get to class early instead of wandering around the corridors all alone while I wait for Amanda to finish her homework.

"Good Morning Mam." I greeted my English teacher and sat down in my usual seat.

She looked up from the stack of papers on her desk and smiled when she saw me. "Morning Aaliyah. Can I help you with something?"

"No. I just decided to come early to class."

A few minutes later students started piling inside the class. As soon as everyone was here the class began.

"Did you finish your homework?" I asked Amanda while the teacher was handing out some Romeo and Juliet books.

"I didn't finish the last two sums."

"Why? They weren't that hard."

"I know but my eyes kept staring at Tyler who was siting right across me. He seems to be getting more gorgeous every single day."

Oh Tyler. Austin's friend. Are they even still friends.

Our teacher explained to us what we had to do for English. We had to act out part from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I was gonna ask Amanda to be my partner but the teacher thought that it would be a great idea if she chose partners.

"Quiet down everyone. Listen carefully while I call out your partners because I won't be repeating this."

I raised my hand and told her she forgot to call out my name when she was done.

She checked the class list again, "Oh okay, let's see. I ticked out everyone's name except for yours annnndd... Austin. You guys can be partners."

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

______________________

Double update! Love uu all.

Next chapter will be published when my Instagram account gets 400 followers. ❤️😊

Follow on Instagram king_zeze.x

Love uu all.