One

Percy

Uh. High school.

Why did I grow up?

I woke to my alarm screaming in my ear. Wonderful. Nice way to start the day. 

I kicked off the covers and slowly willed myself out of bed.  I felt like I was walking on nails as I made my way to the door.  As it creaked open, I could hear voices, just a few feet away.

Peeking through, I could see my mother and stepfather arguing in the kitchen.  As quietly as I possibly could, I made my way to the bathroom down the hall.  I silently cursed as the door made a loud snap as it shut behind me.

I could still hear them as I brushed my teeth and hair.  God, I bet my breath smelled terrible.  I definitely didn't want bad breath on the first day of my junior year.

Finishing with my toothbrush and stuffing it back in the cabinet, I peeled off my sweaty shirt and winced.

Bruises painted my back.  A long white scar stretched across my side from an old childhood injury.  The bruises I never showed my mother, and tried to cover up the noticeable ones with my cousin's makeup.  

Suddenly their was loud pounding at the bathroom door.

 "Thalia is here!" I heard my stepfather snap . "You better be ready to leave for school. I don't want that kid here for too long."

 I held up my middle finger at the closed door.  I hated my stepfather so much.  He disrespected my mom and, well, gave me these bruises.  He hated my cousin, too, and no one hates my cousin.  Seriously, she's like a friend magnet!

I'm guessing it's not hereditary, because I had, like, zero friends.

 "Okay," I quickly finished getting ready. Rushing to my room, I shuffled through my closet until I found a dark green hoodie and some jeans.  Pulling on socks and sneakers, and grabbing my heavy backpack, I raced out my bedroom door and nearly collided with my cousin.

 "Woah, there!" Thalia held up her hands. "Happy to see you too! Even though we saw each other, like, yesterday."

 Today she was in her usual black clothing: black jeans, black tank top, black jacket, black shoes.  Her spiky black hair was a bit longer than it was at the start of the summer, so I guess she was growing it out.

"Hey, Pinecone Face," I snickered at the nickname.  When we were younger, Thalia and I went skiing with some school friends.  Thalia had never skied before, and ran into a pine tree.  It took us forever to get all those needles out of her hair and mouth.  She was branded with that nickname ever since.

"Hello to you too, Fish Boy,"  She laughed as she tugged me out the door before I even had the chance to say goodbye to Mom.  "We're going to be late if we stay any longer.  I've had no breakfast.  Where you wanna go?"

"You've known me since we were toddlers.  You should know this by now."

She smirked, her electric blue eyes sparkling with humor. 

"Starbucks it is."

A/N

Hey, so sorry guys!  I know this took forever and I am incredibly sorry!  

Wow, I've had a lot of reads!  

200!

Thank you guys so much for reading this!  I appreciate any comments or questions!

Okay, I'm needing some characters to add in as temporary relationships with the main characters. 

Hair color (natural or dyed):

Eye color:

Gender:

Name:

Personality:

Sexuality:

Special Talents:

Any weaknesses?

Personal struggles?

Favorite animal:

Favorite school subject:

Any siblings?

Thanks for reading!  

I luv you guys!

- Burgundy Wolf

;)