Days With the Boys

Sam, Dean, and Bobby all took me to eat at a diner after the recital. We sat in a booth with Dean and I on one side, Sam and Bobby on the other. "Can I get you guys anything to drink?" The waitress asked, notepad out when her eyes landed on me. "Oh, you guys are coming from that recital over at Terry Redlin?" Bobby nodded his head as Dean informed, "We're getting celebratory dinner." The woman nodded her head, "Okay, okay, so what I'm hearing is that this little dancer is getting a root beer float to start off with?" Dean glanced over me, and upon seeing my hopeful look answered, "Ya' got it in one." The waitress gave a small laugh as she wrote it down before taking Sam, Dean, and Bobby's drinks. She came back a few moments later with the drinks, which I excitedly started to drink. It was so good, Sam, Dean, and the waitress laughed at my reaction. "I'm gonna guess she likes it," the waitress commented before she took her notepad out again, "Is everyone ready to order or do you need a few more minutes?" Dean looked around the table, "I think so, I'll take a cheeseburger with extra onions and fries," Dean ordered before pointing to me. "Can I have a cheeseburger with fries please?" I decided after a few moments. The waitress scribbled down my order before taking down Sam and Bobby's. She wandered off to the kitchen after that, "So how's school going Chris?" Sam asked. I took a big sip of my root beer float, "S'good, my teacher Miss Dever says I'm her favorite and that I should be in second or third grade instead of first." Sam glanced at Dean, who had an impressed look on his face. "Good thing you got my smarts instead of Sam's," Dean commented. Sam sent him a look from the other side of the table, Bobby rolled his eyes and took a sip of his water. I took a spoonful of ice cream and put it in my mouth, I decided I liked floats.

Sam, Dean and I followed Bobby back in the impala. I didn't know it was possible to miss a car, but I'd missed this one. Sam elected to talk to me about school for the ride back, "Do you have any friends at school?" He questioned, his head turned to the side to look at me. I nodded my head, "His name is Gannon, he moved here from Louisiana." Sam made an interested face; Dean, however, looked at me in the rear view mirror and asked, "He?" Sam gave an exaggerated sigh, "Dean she is five, leave her alone." I brought my legs up and folded them cross cross beneath me. "How long are you guys staying?" I questioned, I hoped they stayed for a while... Dean answered this time, "We're staying until we find a case." I nodded my head and looked out the window, it was very dark.

Bobby told me to go shower and go to bed after we got back. I begrudgingly did so, Blue was excited to talk about the recital until I decided to climb in bed and go to sleep. Just before I fell asleep though, the door opened a crack, "Goodnight Christina," Dean's voice came over my ears before I finally drifted off.

My waking up on Monday was much less pleasant. It consisted of, "Chris! Chris! Christina!" From Dean as he practically slammed the door open and flicked the lights on. Even Blue was annoyed if his groan was anything to go off of, I mimicked Blue and put the blankets over my head. "Chris it's time for school," Dean informed, as if I hadn't known. I didn't move, "Sam and I are driving you," he announced after I didn't acknowledge him. That got my attention, I peeked my head out from under the blankets. "If you get ready within the next ten minutes, Sam and I will bring you to school," Dean bargained. I stared at him for a few more moments before slowly lifting the blankets up and off of myself. Dean smirked as he closed the door behind himself, I could hear his steps going downstairs. Blue pulled the blanket over his head. Blue was a lot of things, but a morning person was most definitely not one of them. I pulled a set of clothes out of the dresser and headed off to the bathroom to get ready, maybe Sam would do my hair like he used to...

Sam, did in fact, do my hair. He put it in a braid, and then he put the braid into a bun. I didn't think I'd ever worn a bun before, but I liked it. It felt weird though... True to his word though, Sam and Dean both brought me to school. Dean blared AC/DC the whole way to school. One thing was for sure, I was not in the least bit tired when I got out of the car. "We'll pick you up Chris!" Sam yelled through the window as Dean pulled away, I gave the retreating car a thumbs up to let him know I heard. I walked into school that day with a skip in my step, I hadn't realized how much I'd missed them...

I walked into the classroom with the rest of the kids, I'd been doing that since Gannon moved here. He was a good friend, I'd help him with homework he hadn't done or understood from the previous day. We all went to our seats and watched Miss Dever go up to the front of the room with a big stack of papers like she did every Monday. Each packet was on one subject, so we all got a lot of packets. I took out my pencil to start doing the first page of a packet she handed me. It was a math packet. I finished the page in a few minutes and got started on the front page of one of the other packets she'd handed us. Gannon was sitting beside me and trying to keep up.

Gannon and I sat along the sides of the hallway after school while we were waiting for our names to be called to go home. Gannon's got called first, so I ended up sitting in the hall by myself for a bit before mine was. Sam and Dean were the ones picking me up. I felt a big ball of happiness in my chest as I saw them. I tossed my backpack to the other side of the car and climbed in the backseat. "How was school today?" Sam asked as Dean pulled out of the car line. "It was easy, we just went over how to count by twos and fives, learned how to spell a bunch of words, and the water cycle." I informed as buckled my seat belt. "Well Sam and I need to go to Jo and Ellen's," Dean announced, speeding down the road. I frowned, "We're not leaving until after we bring you to school tomorrow, which is why we're going out tonight," Sam looked back at me after he'd finished. I wanted to cry, but I didn't let myself. Instead, I gave a small, "Okay." Sam didn't let me sulk for long, "We'll be back right after okay?" He assured me. "Okay," I repeated. The rest of the car ride was silent.

When we got to Bobby's, I did my homework/class work for the week on the kitchen table so I could spend more time with Sam and Dean, who were either scrolling through the laptop or skimming through a book. Blue was leaning on the back of my chair to watch me do my homework or tell me if I'd done something wrong. The latter was a bit rare. I finished my work by almost four, so I grabbed one of my books from my room and went back downstairs to read it with Sam and Dean. Dean decided that we were going to leave and eat at six, so I got a good ways into my book, which was a book I'd gotten from the library. It was an encyclopedia about dogs. I liked the Rottweiler.

Dinner was uneventful, I ate a burger like Dean and Sam ate a salad. Bobby elected to stay home to do some research for Rufus, but Sam brought him a box anyway. Dean had carried me to my room and plopped me on my bed, "We'll bring you to school tomorrow okay?" He'd reminded me before he'd closed the door. Blue plopped down on the edge of my bed, "They'll be back by next week," Blue has assured me before he pulled the blanket over me. I curled up in a ball before I fell asleep.

Sam woke me up the next morning. "Hey Christina, it's six thirty," he informed as he flicked on the light. I groaned, but slowly rolled out of bed anyway. Blue groaned as well, but louder. He eventually rolled after me as I went into the bathroom. He plopped a hand on my hair and yawned out a, "Dibs." I picked up my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth as Blue started brushing through my hair. I finished all almost the same time he finished putting my hair into a ponytail. "You packed all of your homework last night right?" Blue questioned, I nodded my head and Blue left the room to let me change.

Sam and Dean were waiting for me downstairs. Dean gave me a pop tart, "Let's get you to school short stack," Dean said as he picked up my backpack. Sam was packing up the last of his things from the table into his computer bag. I walked into school that morning holding back tears.