new years special

Ok, so I'm not going to do a Christmas Special! I'm sorry, but It's because I've barely started on the second chapter and just making a Christmas one right after is just too... forward? I don't know, but I'll try to pull through with this one! By the way, two things! One, this is them being kids! Second, I might make chapters but not post them right away so you guys can like go chapter from a chapter without having to wait for the next update! Have a great New Years! Love you guys! Also, this is after Shoto was born.

-

The Todoroki family were all getting ready for the New Year's celebration as for the Yamashida's. The two families were going out to walk around the town which was lit with New Year's colors and many decorations and shops filled with traditional food. 

Toya was wearing a dark red yukata that had leaves that were a light orange growing at the bottom. He had rather preferred a blue yukata, but his father thought it would be more "traditional".  He had a small satchel with him that hung from his shoulder. It carried his money that he had previously earned today from his parents (otoshidama).

//it's called otoshidama from what I learned, I'm sorry if I'm incorrect! I don't know their exact traditions!//

They were walking along a pathway that had tiny open shops littered across from each other, each being very festive. Toya wanted to buy something for his friend, that is until they met them. Up ahead, Toya could see the destined place where they would meet the Yamashida's. A single tree, littered of its leaves. 

Toya raced ahead, excited to meet his (e/c)-eyed friend. As he grew nearer, he could see the silhouette of (Y/n). He was wearing an (f/c) yukata that had (f/c) flowers littered across it. Next to him was his parents and older sister.

He stopped in front of him, abruptly, making the boy flinch a little. Bending over, he gasped for air, before reclaiming himself, looking back up. 

"Hey (Y/n)! I like your yukata!" Toya breathed out. 

As Toya and (Y/n) grew closer, (Y/n) became used to this energetic attitude. 

"T-thanks," (Y/n) shyly whispered, "yours is delightful as well." (Y/n's) face started blooming into a bright red. 

(Y/n) was not good with close interaction...

he guesses...

"Want to go check out the shops? I passed some and the food there looked really good!" Toya said energetically.

"S-sure!" 

As they were about to dash off, the mothers' instincts went off and quickly grabbed their arms, stopping them from freedom. 

"Take your older sister with you! (Take Rei with you!)" Mrs. Yamshida and Todorki said at the same time.

Toya let out a groan as (Y/n) defeatedly looked at the ground. Nikki (older sister) and Fuyumi weren't fine with it either, as Nikki started to go off on how she didn't want to hang with the younger siblings as Fuyumi didn't want to be involved with her brother's antics.