《Chapter 5 - Help Me 》

5

Memory 6

Loading...

Complete!

Toya's POV

After everything settled down, I avoided my dad as I made my way back to my room. Shutting and locking the door behind, I still felt paranoid.

Going to rub my arms in comfort, I forgot about the deep mark on my arm.

It had no definite shape, only covering the side of my arm, barely reaching the other end.

The burn would most likely leave a scar, it being redder in the center and only fading to a more lighter color near its edge.

My skin around it seemed to look like it was cut my scissors irregularly, erratically.

I held in a sharp cry, as I quickly retracted my hand.

"Fuck," I hissed out silently, not wanting to draw any more attention from the day on.

As I cradled my arm carefully, or more like hovering, too scared to make any sudden actions, I suddenly remembered (Y/n) was waiting for my reply.

Slowly making my way back over to my desk, I noticed the swivel chair was on the floor now, its wheels long stopped beforehand.

Carefully leaning down, letting my burnt hand just swing as gravity took its toll, I used my 'good' hand to pick up the chair from its head.

Setting it upright, I watched it turn a bit and then stop, its wheels waiting for a sudden movement upon it.

Sitting down as I rest my scarred hand in my lap, I take out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding.

I felt the hot stains from my tears on my cheeks still.

Rubbing against them to just try to get rid of this awful sticky feeling, I felt my cheek start to hurt at my every move.

Stopping, I just let both my hands fall to the side, staring out my window, looking out at the dark sky that littered with stars.

Stars were so free, just so carefree.

Stars made me think of my mom, my mom.

Not the one they took away, not the one who hurt Shoto, not the one who dealt with harsh hits every day and still acted like everything was fine.

The mother who would be here.

The one who would always sing to me when I was little.

The one who would laugh.

Laugh like she wasn't caged.

She isn't a monster, I know that.

'It's all his fault'

'All his fault...'

My thoughts got uncontrollable, as I continued to stare out at the dense black sky.

'He's no hero'

'No fucking hero at all..'

I could feel the tears coming back and my heart accelerate.