Chapter 5

Akihiko's POV

It's been three weeks since I met Misaki. It's been three weeks since I've been able to think straight. I haven't been able to write, I've barely even eaten in those weeks. Aikawa has been coming by every day trying to get me to write. No matter how much she yells, it's just not possible for me to write. Whenever I do write I just type his name over and over again. No matter what I try, I just keep replaying our last conversation over and over in my head.

3 Weeks Ago

I had my bag packed and I was ready to leave, but I wanted to make sure I got see Misaki again. Our conversation had gotten intense really fast. Haruhiko passed my room on his way out. He simply glared at me for a few seconds, and then left. Normally I would've glared back, which would've led to some heated banter, but I wanted him to leave. Once Haruhiko had left for work I knew Misaki was alone. I knocked on the door. The anticipation of him looking back at me and smiling sweetly as he had before had become almost too much to bear.

"Misaki. I'm leaving. I just wanted to say goodbye."

He barely opened the door. I could barely even see his face, because of the fact his hair was draped over his face. "Bye."

He tried to slam the door shut and I just barely managed to hold it open. "Misaki! What's wrong? You're being so short with me." I was really surprised. I knew that we didn't really know each other that well, but last night, in my opinion, was enough to bond anyone. He had been so open in front of me. He told me so much more than I had ever anticipated hearing. But in truth what had hurt most was that he wouldn't even look at me.

Suddenly the kind boy I had started to care for just vanished. He grew angry with me. "Look! Just leave me alone for good! I never want you to talk to me again and I most definitely never want to be alone with you."

With that he slammed the door hard. Although I didn't want to, I just left and drove back home.

Back to Present

Those were the last words he had spoken to me. His voice kept ringing in my head. Everything he had ever said to me, and everything he'd yelled at me.

I couldn't see his face one last time.

But then it hit me. He wouldn't show me his face. Could it have perhaps been that he had something to hide, but what? Well he had heard shouting, but it was too faint for him to hear it clearly enough.

My face fell. Had Haruhiko beaten him? Could he have seen us embracing? No, he was taking a bath, but what if he had? What if because of my reckless actions, he had punished Misaki?

It was bad enough that he had been so rough with the boy; he'd left him covered in bruises. But for Haruhiko to flat out strike him across the face was far too much to deal with. That was enough. I had to see him, but how could I? I couldn't just show up. That'd be far too suspicious and I don't want to risk him beating Misaki again, if he even did beat him. I could wait outside the house for Misaki to come out and then throw him into my car, whether he likes it or not.* Normally, that solution would've appealed to me, but considering that he'd been treated rough enough already I disregarded that option.

Ah! I could call him. I took and the phone and set out to call him. I couldn't help but think of how that conversation would go.

-Welcome to Akihiko Usami's In Mind Theater-

"Hello, Usami-san's house. Misaki speaking."

"Hello Misaki, it's Akihiko. I need to speak to you. I can't leave things how we left it." I can't stop myself from smiling as I really love his voice over the phone.