Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Mate

Riker's P.O.V

Lily and the two men - who I now know are named Parker and Ashton - walked far ahead of me. They whispered back and forth and occasionally turned to look at me. They've been doing this since we left the pack seven hours ago and it's annoying. All I want is answers.

" What are we supposed to do? He'll be pissed when he sees her and learns what we planned. I know I'd be furious " Ashton whispered.
" Shut up would you. I'm trying to think " Lily snapped at him.
" Guys he can hear you " Parker said.

They all turned to me and smiled before continuing their conversation.

" Ok that's it! Where are we going, who is this girl you keep whispering about and are we just going to ignore the fact we ran from the Royal Guards! We could be killed for this! " I yelled.
" Shhh! " They all said.
" We're too close to home for you to be yelling like that " Ashton growled.
" Home is back there. At the pack " I growled back.
" Riker just wait a few more hours. We'll explain everything. Soon. Ok? " Lily said softly.

I nodded my head before looking around and trying to familiarize myself with the area so that when, or if I leave, I'd have some idea about where to go.

Now where to go when I left, that was a whole different problem.

Lily's P.O.V

" We're about ten minutes from the base " Parker whispered.
" After this ok? I'm sorry you had to be there while it all happened. I didn't like the idea either but we had to. He's here now and she'll know what to do " I said as I grabbed his hand, lacing our fingers together.
" After this I'll have my mate back to myself " He mumbled.
" That you will " I replied with a smile.

If Riker didn't kill me first.

Over these months I've learned a few things. One of them being that Riker has a strong hatred for liars.

Maybe if we explain he'll understand.

I hope he will.

Riker's P.O.V

" We're here " Ashton said as he came to a field.
" This is just a field " I said confused.
" It's what's under the field that matters " Parker laughed.

I heard Lily sigh before she walked over to me.

" You're going to learn things down there and you're going to get answers too. You're also going to meet someone. When you meet her, please know I'm sorry. Please remember that nothing was meant to hurt you, ok? " Lily said quietly.

She said it almost as if she was afraid of me going to wherever they were leading me.

" Ok? " I replied confused.
" Open it " Lily said as she turned to Ashton.

I watched as Ashton knocked on the ground in a pattern before grabbing a chuck of the grass. He pulled and instead of the grass ripping from the ground, a small trap door opened.

" Lady's first you two " Ashton smiled as he pointed to me and Lily.
" Ha ha ha very funny " I laughed sarcastically.

Lily sat down and started climbing down a latter. I followed behind her quickly, wanted to know every secret that hid in this strange bunker.

As I made sure Lily was out of my way, I hesitated before taking the last three steps of the latter.

But I didn't really have time to think about it.

" Move it newbie! Quit holding up the line " Ashton yelled.

What I've learned from being around Ashton and Parker, is that Parker is the nicer one.

I stepped down onto the metal floor and slowly turned around. I was hit with a strong smell of coconut and pine. A weird combination, but it smelt incredible.

" Riker " Lily said.

Lily was standing in front of me with another female, but the strange thing was.....I no longer felt a connection with Lily. It felt as though she was just a stranger.

But this new girl? Well, Jax and Leon already had something to call her.

" Mate "

Oof double update since it's my birthday.

So.....ha. Who is this new girl? Why doesn't Riker feel a connection with Lily anymore? Where is he? And why is Riker's vampire and werewolf sides calling this new girl his mate?

All is told next chapter

Bye!