Chapter Six

Chapter Six : Home

Riker's P.O.V

All the emotions from the years being with and without my friend hit me like a tidal wave. I raced towards him and he greeted me with a smile and open arms.

" I thought you were dead " I cried.
" I'm sorry I was gone for so long kid " He whispered.
" What.....what happened? " I asked.
" It's a long story, one that I'll tell you in a moment. Right now you have very confused friends to deal with " He replied.

I took and deep breath and turned towards Annabelle, Lily, Parker and Aston.

" How? " Parker asked.

I laughed.

" We met when I was five. He's the one that taught me some of what I know about being a hybrid " I said.
" Ooh story time! Yay! " Ashton said in a high pitched voice as he sat on the floor.

Everyone laughed at how ridiculous he was but eventually we all joined him on the floor.

" Well I was twenty nine when I met this idiot. I was running around and came across a pack. I was running from some other rouges and needed a place to hide, so I walked onto the pack lands. Probably not smart but life's hard. I needed to survive. I stumbled around until I came across a small park. There was no on there except this one lady who had a tight grip on her kid and she was yelling at another one. I was going to ignore it until I heard her say something like 'you freak'. It reminded me of when I was thirteen and my father had said the same thing to me. Well, expect he used far more explicit language and he slapped me across the face afterwards. I walked over to the kid and I started talking to him. This idiot really did remind me of myself "

Elijah turned and smiled at me. Then he ruffled my hair and I punched his arm.

" Riker and me were both werewolf and vampire hybrids so I taught him all that I knew about being a hybrid. He had told me that his mom was a vampire and his dad was a werewolf so I knew was one of the only people that could help. Sure, his parents could separately teach him about his two sides but I was able to teach him both at the same time and what they were like together. I became his friend"
" He helped me become who I am today " I stated.

The group was silent but they all had smiles on their faces.

" Thank you Elijah " Annabelle said gratefully.
" But I don't understand. Why did you leave him if you two were so close? " Parker asked.
" Oh, yeah. That " Elijah mumbled.

He let out a small sigh.

" I was out trying to find food. I hadn't eaten in a few days and I didn't want to ask Riker. I didn't want him to feel like I was using him, cause I wasn't. I made a risky choice. I snuck onto pack lands to get food. I realize now that I ain't too smart. "

Elijah took a deep breath before continuing again.

" I didn't remember the name of the pack, but I knew they weren't someone I should mess with. But I was starving. The Beta and his mate found me ransacking their house and they took me to their Alpha. Their Alpha, he was a horrible man. He kept me hostage for almost a year. A short amount of time, but it felt like an eternity. He tortured me in inhumane ways. That was, until his daughter found me. Thea was my mate. Thea was twenty seven and was a hybrid herself. Her father was ashamed of producing a hybrid so he locked her up and refused to let anyone know she existed. Long story short, she let me out and we escaped. We had come across Parker and Lily a month later and they told us about the rebellion. And now, here I am "
" That's how you met Thea! I never thought..." Annabelle said quietly.
" Yeah. That's how we met " Elijah replied.
" Congratulations on finding your mate " I smiled.
" Congrats to you too kid. Tell me if Anna ain't treating you right " Elijah said, laughing at the end.

Annabelle rolled her eyes and smirked at Elijah.

" Well lovely story time kids but I'm tired. Goodnight " Ashton said.
" Night Ash " Lily replied, the same time Parker said " Night loser "
" We're gonna go too " Annabelle added.
" Night guys " I said.

Annabelle grabbed my hand and we both stood up. We walked out of the room and around the bunker, eventually coming to a small hallway that lead to a door.

" Welcome to my room. Well, our room now " Annabelle said as she pushed open the door.

The room was about the same size as my old one back home. The walls were painted a light grey and there was a small tapestry of the moon hanging on one of the walls. The basic thins like a dresser and some shelves filled the room as well.

" The door on the left leads to the bathroom and the door to the right is the closet. Space is already available for you if you want to put your things in there. " Annabelle said.

I smiled at her and pulled her into a hug.

I had Annabelle. I had Lily, Parker, Ashton, and I had Elijah back.

I was happy here.

"Welcome home" Annabelle said softly "Welcome home".

I am so sorry. I literally forgot today was Tuesday. I'm on spring break which means my brain is off lol.