Chapter Eleven

Riker's P.O.V
3 months later...

I don't know how it happened. No one did. One moment we were fighting, and it was obvious the rebels were winning. I was fighting off seven wolves beside Ashton, who was fighting off six of his own. No one on our side was seriously harmed, no one was dead. Everything was going well for us. We all believed we were gonna win and that the world was finally going to change for the better. Then the next moment Annabelle was screaming my name. Four wolves from the opposite side suddenly held me down and I had to watch as they dragged her away. I had to watch as they TOOK my mate from me. I had to WATCH AS THEY TOOK HER FROM ME. The fight was over as soon as they took Annabelle. They all ran away like the cowards they are.

She's still alive, I'd be able to feel if she was dead. But I didn't know how alive she was, she could be close to death for all I knew. As Annabelle's mate I was supposed to take charge of the rebels, to be a leader, but I didn't. I left whoever in charge and left. I haven't seen or hear from anyone in three months.

But I know they've heard about me.

Every pack, every wolf, anyone who has anything to do with Annabelle being taken or the fight and anyone who had any information about Annabelle, I'd find them. I'd get information out of them one way or another.

Then they'd die.

I've wiped out five packs so far. Alone.

I was less humane now. I felt it. I was more wolf, more feral. I didn't feel when I killed anyone, I didn't care. They took my mate from me and I wasn't going to stop until I had her back. I was slowly going insane. Both me, Jax and Leon were loosing it without Annabelle. Without knowing if she was ok.

Right now, I was heading towards the Royal Pack. Towards the werewolf King. If he didn't have any information about Annabelle and where she was, then I....I don't know what I'd have left to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting inside wasn't hard, it was sneaking around and trying to get the king alone that was hard. He was always with someone. It was either a guard, his son, an advisor, someone. And it was getting on my nerves.

" Thank you Ben, you're dismissed." I heard the king say.

Finally.

I watched as the guard left and the king sat down on his bed. He sighed exhaustedly and lied down. I listened, no one was coming. This was my chance.

" Hello Harvy. " I said as I stepped into the room.

He stood up quickly and growled. I growled back.

" Where's my mate? " I asked

He smiled.

" You must be Riker. One of the leaders of the rebellion. It's nice to finally meet you. You're mates talked so much about you. " He said, laughing at the end.

I growled back.

" Where is she? I don't care how many wolves or how many packs I have to go threw, I don't care how many of your guards I have to fight, you will tell me where she is and I will find her. Then, I'll kill you and your family " I smirked.

His face paled at the mention of his family slaughtered but he quickly masked it.

" You'll never find her. You'll go insane without her and get yourself killed. Then we'll kill her. You're both wanted for treason after all. " He replied.

He laughed again.

" You're senses are weakening already. I was told you're the best of the best. But you didn't even hear my guards "

I turned around just as someone tackled me to the floor. I growled and began trying to fight them off but every guard I pushed off two more would take their place.

" It was nice meeting you Riker. Take him away." The king said.

I thrashed around, kicked and clawed as the guards dragged me to the basement cells.

They threw me in an empty cell before locking it and walking away.

" I'm gonna get out of here. " I called after them .
" Thats what they all say " One of the guards yelled back.

Guess now it was a waiting game.

~~~~~~~~~

I watched as five men walked into the room that contained my cell.

" Riker, you're being executed two days from now for treason. Any final meal you wish to request?"
"The kings head on a silver platter. " I laughed.

Four of the men left. I watched as the fifth one sat down against a wall far away from my cell.

"You my babysitter?" I asked.

I got no response back.

"Huh" I mumbled.

I thought for a moment before speaking again.

" 'You're not a disgrace Riker, you're unique.'

That phrase has been repeated to me over and over again ever since I could remember. Being a hybrid meant you grew up differently. You were seen as weak, useless, an abomination, the lowest of the low. Hell, most even thought murderers were better than hybrids. I wanted to change that, I really did. I didn't want anyone else suffering. I didn't want me suffering. That, that is why I did everything that I've done. I don't regret it. I did what I believed what right and I know I shouldn't feel horrible for it. So no, I don't feel bad. I actually find this whole situation hilarious. My mother was in a predicament like this once too. Looks like the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree. "

I laughed.

" I just thought you should know. "

Almost three months later. Hello again. Sorry for not updating in so long, I had major writers block and lost motivation to write this story.
Don't worry this story will be continued. I will finish writing this story even if I die trying. There's one more chapter left and then an epilogue.

Follow my Instagram for updates and sneak peaks: @ invisible5792