Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: Deals, Plans and Forevers

Riker's P.O.V

" Are you sure about this? " Annabelle asked.

We were one step away. We were on the edge of the territory. One more step and I'd be home.

" Yes " I answered.

Then I took the step.

Howls sounded from the pack. They knew I was back, but the also sensed the others. They sensed rouges.

" Alpha! " My Beta yelled as he came running towards us with the pack following behind him.

They all stopped a few feet away from us and started growling.

" Are you ok? Did they hurt you? " Some of the pack mind linked me.

" Everyone calm down. They didn't kidnap me. They're good " I said as I stepped between everyone.

" My real mate is with me. Your real Luna " I linked everyone in the pack.

Everyone sent me confused messages. They all only knew Lily as their Luna.

" I will explain everything, I promise, but right now I need to speak with my mother " I stated.
" I'm right here boy "

I smiled as my mother walked towards me. She stopped in front of me and smiled as well.

" You're stupid Riker, but as I told you, I'll always be here. " She said.

I pulled her into a hug and sighed.

It was good to be home

" Let's go inside. We have a lot to discuss "

—————

" So Lily isn't your mate. She's Parker's " My dad asked again.
" Yes. Annabelle is my mate " I answered as Rachel and Matt glared at me and Annabelle from across the table.

Turns out my mother and father took over the pack while I was gone. My beta's mate had become extremely ill, so he stayed with her and asked my parents to help. My father had let Rachel and Matt out.

" How many times do you want me to say I'm sorry Rachel " I snapped.

Annabelle tightened her grip on my hand, trying to calm me down. I sighed and leaned my head on her shoulder.

" Son, you have to understand, you did take the alpha position from her and lock her in the pack jail " My father said calmly.
" Because they shouldn't rule " I mumbled.

But because of a werewolf's advanced hearing, everyone heard me.

" That's not your decision to make Riker! " Rachel yelled.
" Actually it is. I'm aloud to challenge someone for their position if I see them unworthy " I replied with a smirk.
" Both of you back off! We're not here to fight " Annabelle said angrily.

Both me and Rachel shut up instantly. Leon and Jax smiled, she was acting like a true Luna.

" Our Luna " They said.

I smiled at her.

" Ok, ok. Let's talk about what we came here for" I said.
" Well you're the Alpha Riker. It's your and your Luna's call " My mother stated.
" Well I say we're with the rebellion. We need to keep it quiet though. The guards have already been here once " I answered.
" Eight times. They came seven more after you left " My father corrected.

" They all just gonna keep chasing us " Jax says in a flirty voice.
Leon laughs and I shake my head at them.

" If I'm not here then they can't really do much. We're taking a big risk by being here anyways. My mother can keep the pack together until my beta gets back, maybe even longer. All I know if that I can't come back home until this is over " I said.

Everyone nods in agreement.

I was sad to go. I never wanted to leave, but I knew I had to keep everyone safe. My family, Annabelle, the rebels and my pack were the most important thing right now. Everyone needed to be protected at all costs.

" We'll spend the night though. It's risky to leave in the morning but it's hard to run at night since the land around here is mostly unfamiliar to us. Most of us " Annabelle says as she sees my sad expression.

I gave her a smile and she nodded.

" Great " Rachel says sarcastically before she and Matt get up and storm out of the room.
" Give her time " My mother says softly.

" We don't need her acceptance " Jax says.
" She's my sister. It would be nice if we didn't fight. " I replied.
" Plus we don't know if her anger towards us is going to lead her to snitch on us " Leon added.

Jax mumbled incoherent things before he stopped talking.

" Why don't you show Anna to your room? I assume she is going to be staying with you " My father says, trying to change the subject.
" That would be lovely " Annabelle reply's with a polite smile.
" Sure " I agree.

I lead Annabelle upstairs and into my old room.

" I know she's my friend, but I can smell Lily in here " Annabelle mumbled.
" Hey. You're the only one for me " I said as I turned around and pulled her into a hug.

" I'm with you forever Annabelle. I'm with you for the long run, and there's no place I'd rather be than by your side "

And with that, I pulled Annabelle into a kiss. We kissed as a promise to each other that we would be together. That against all odds, we would fight for each other.