This is Life.

Hera sat at her desk finishing up on the just-closed case. She had solved it alone and so she had to do all of the paperwork.

"What about you Hera?" Her eyes moved up to the group of people sat by her.

"What about me?" They looked at one another before Prentiss spoke up.

"Who would you want to walk you down the aisle? I am having my cat or best friend growing up, Morgan wants his mom to." Hera thought for a brief second.

"I haven't thought about it. I mean, it would be a different answer depending upon my location." JJ looked a fake bored and then spoke.

"What about now?" The whole team were there and she kept thinking.

"I guess who I saw fit to." They all kept their eyes on her.

"I would ask Stuart. If he couldn't, Hotch but when he says no I will ask Derek. Sorry but you come second. In reality, I wouldn't ask you, Derek. I would ask Rossi, dearest." Morgan scrunched up his nose and winked.
"Well, that is if I don't marry any of them." Her joke was what they didn't expect but Hotch stood with a smile on his face.

"Why Hotch?" Prentiss asked while her eyes swapped between Hera and Hotch.

"To cope I use a method very few can." As she said this she stood up.
"I can fall asleep, rather quickly, and forget it. Like that video a few weeks ago. Until then I knew it had happened but I couldn't remember what had happened. I just woke up on the floor. Anyway, after Spencer was shot I had to go and tell Williamson's wife. As I stood there I, for the first time since I was 13, could remember what happened. Hotch was so kind to me. In truth, over the years a few triggers have caused me to remember events. It turns out that I was making myself forget all of the moments I was with Hotch. Like when he took me out shopping. Because when I got home I had something bad happen, I blocked it out and forgot." Rossi made an odd sound and then spoke blandly.

"That was why you always slept." He was piecing it all together.

"I think I actually remember the animals being killed but I made myself forget it and I can't trigger it. I guess only time might tell."

Rossi and Hotch both felt proud of how well she had done.
"I also remember Gideon mentioning both Garcia and Spencer." The room was a surprised one.

"I think your case was the first proper one I was allowed to work. All of my others had been with the local police. I never even went to England though. " Reid added.

As the night drew to a close, Spencer and Hera were heading out together. They weren't ones for public display and so they just walked side by side into the lift.
"You can come back to my place if you want Spencer. You don't have to." He nodded and let his body go from his heels to the balls of his feet.

"I would like that." He was quite reserved and well kept to himself.

"You know, you can come over whenever you want. You don't even have to phone me. If it is after work tell me though else I might drive off without you." He laughed quietly as the metal doors opened.

The flat door opened and Hera once again dropped her key onto the table by the door.
"What do you want for dinner?" Her question hit his ears at the same time as the door closing and he fancied a proper meal that he could hell cook.

"What if I help make some chicken lasagne?" Hera nodded.

"That is assuming, ah we are in luck. I have the chicken, I always have the sheets and sauce. I think we are onto a winner." His chin came to rest on her head.

"You know that the last time we were alone and in private was months ago. The 27th of December not counting the time out in that case where I got shot. It is now April the 16th." Hera wasn't all that pleased by this fact.