Stepping Up.

Hera sat in her car feeling ready to cry. Why? Because periods suck and so do hormones. Her hands became sweaty on the steering wheel and she felt a whole new flush hit her. Hot flashes were the worst and she couldn't stop them. It served her right for having low blood pressure and she knew that clonidine was the only way forward.

As soon as Hera stepped into the medical centre she looked out for Reid and it only took a second as he began walking up to her.
"Hey, sorry to go on but I figured it was best to see how my mom was doing, she met you and went mental. She doesn't do it as often now but still. Just in case." He was sweetly rambling and she just took his arm to tell him that she was fine.

"I have done this before." He nodded and then walked up to the desk.

"Sorry. I needed to meet someone. We would like to go see Diana now." The woman nodded and she seemed to walk slow but Hera put it down to being tired. As soon as they entered the room Hera saw a beautiful blonde with short hair and she was playing chess with herself.

"Mortimer. You try it on with him in the same way you have the rest of the males in this place and I will staple your lips together and I do not mean the ones on your face." The young woman left and Spencer turned to Hera.

"It helps if they think you are crazy." He was clearly quoting her but Diana interrupted.

"No, that was an actual threat." Hera nervously looked between Diana and Spencer.

"Come, play chess with me." Hera nodded and sat.

"You know how to play?" Hera made an unsure sound as she thought of words to say.

"I played once against Reid." Diana nodded.

"I always beat him." Hera smiled at him and he just shrugged. Diana hadn't lied after all.

Spencer looked up from his book and checked the board and spoke.
"I see checkmate in 12." Diana huffed.

"I see eight." Hera raised her brows at how negative they were against her. They both acted like there was no way she could possibly win.

"Sorry, Hera." Spencer spoke and Hera burrowed her eyebrows.

"I see it in one." As Hera said this she took out the queen and cornered the king.

"She did it." Diana sounded surprised.
"Spencer has spoken about you. He never even mentioned you being smart. I just assumed that it was because you were a little lacking in that region. Quite the opposite." Hera smiled and looked at Spencer side on.

"How smart are you by the way?" Hera licked her teeth beneath her lips and sighed out a

"I got retested whilst out in England a little while ago and I got 208." Diana laughed and looked between Spencer and Hera whilst tilting her head in the younger woman's direction.

"Catch her while you can." Hera nearly snorted and covered her face with her hands.

"Oh trust me. This fish is already caught." Diana tutted and waved her finger.

"Not like that. I mean, marriage and babies. You know that having a baby is special. Perhaps they will be smart like their mother."

Hera smiled and watched as the woman slowly sang a lullaby.
"You have a pretty voice." Hera commented but Diana waved her off.

"What is next? You want to call me mom?" Hera shook her head to disagree.

"I haven't called a person that since I was 12." Diana nodded.

"That is also a thing that Spencer mentioned. As well as how pretty you were. He was right, as always." Hera pulled Spencer a little closer to her and she rested her head on his shoulder.