Part One - Chapter Three - Dash's POV

Chapter Three

Kwan hung up the phone and grabbed two sodas out of the fridge before returning to the guest room where they'd set Danny up in. "Okay. Pizza's ordered, Danny's parent's have been called, my parent's will be at work until Monday night and they never get upset if I have my friend's over to stay anyways, and we're off school for autumn break until after next week... So I think that covers everything."

Dash smiled as he was handed one of the sodas. He popped the tab and drank half of it in one gulp before setting the can down on a nearby table. He was grateful to have a friend like Kwan. Kwan was always so mature and put-together, even in stressful situations like this one. "What did you tell his parents? You didn't tell them he's hurt or anything did you?" Kwan rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Of course not. Duh. I told them that we'd all been playing football in the park and that we came back here to chill out and watch a movie and that Danny fell asleep. So I asked if they minded if he stayed over, and since I'm me and everyone in the town loves me... *Dash smirked and rolled his eyes* ...they said of course he could and then thanked me for being such a thoughtful young man for thinking to call them."

Dash couldn't help but to laugh. He knew it was true though. Everyone in the town really did adore Kwan, and his entire family for that matter. "Thanks man, you're much better when it comes to parents than I am... but playing football? Fenton? Really?" Dash continued to laugh, and then he began to wonder just how unaware Danny's parents truly were when it came to their son. It had began to seem like they didn't know him at all.

He would bet money that they knew nothing about his double-life as Phantom, or how he did in school, or what he liked, his hobbies, who his friends were... They questioned nothing and simply accepted Kwan's story without as much as batting an eyelash. And that made Dash really feel bad for Danny. Because he and Danny were anything other than friends, and he still knew him better than that.

Danny hated sports, especially football. Dash had known that since the beginning of Eighth grade. The two have always had gym class together. And Danny never hung around Kwan or himself. Granted, Kwan was friendly and polite and spoke to pretty much everyone... But anyone whom even remotely knew Danny would raise a brow and call bullshit if you told them that he was hanging out with Dash Baxter.

"Dude. Earth to Dash. Daaaaaash. Paging nurse Baxter..." Kwan waved his hand in front of the blonde's face. Dash blinked and snapped back to reality. "Huh? Wha.... Wait... Nurse Baxter?!?!" Dash picked up a roll of gauze and chucked it at Kwan's head. The dark haired boy laughed as he ducked to dodge the incoming attack. "Hey, I had to get your attention somehow. You were about half a gaze away from becoming a total space-cadet. What were you so lost in thought about anyways?" Kwan reached down to pick up the gauze roll off of the floor and mindlessly began to toss it up and catch it.

"And yeah, I know, Danny playing football with us was definitely a far-cry but I had to think fast, and come on now, don't tell me that you wouldn't enjoy it. Getting to see him actually enjoying himself and having fun, getting all worked up and sweaty, maybe you could even get him to take his shirt off... Though now, knowing he is also Phantom, I'd say he'd do pretty damn well with being aggressive, but you'd most likely just tackle him on purpose as an excuse to be on top of him..." Dash couldn't believe the words that were spewing out of his best friend's mouth. His face was heating to the point where he was beginning to wonder if it was possible for it to actually catch on fire... "OH! Better yet, maybe talk him into going home with you after the game so that you could dress him up as your own personal cheerleader and have him..." Before Kwan was able to finish his statement there was a knock at the front door, which Dash was secretly thanking the gods for. Kwan grabbed his wallet and went to answer it, leaving a very flustered and red-faced Dash sitting there, dumbstruck, and more than a little turned on. "I will never be able to look at pompoms the same way again..." Dash mumbled under his breath as he looked over to Danny one more time before following Kwan out and towards the kitchen.

*End Chapter Three*