Part One - Chapter Five - Dash's POV

Chapter Five

Dash heard people talking as he made his way back downstairs. Maybe Kwan was on the phone again. He stopped by the kitchen to grab another soda and that's when he heard him. His voice was faint, soft, but definitely belonged to him. Danny. He's awake. Alive. Dash took off running towards Danny's room, nearly tripping over the rug in the hallway. He caught himself and tried to play it cool but failed miserably as he toppled into the room. Kwan was grinning as he watched his best friend make a not so smooth and definitely, obviously, embarrassing entrance. A small smile played across Danny's lips as he looked up at Dash.

Dash just stood there staring. He was okay. Danny was okay. He was still extremely pale but he had smiled. He smiled at him and in that moment Dash knew without doubt that he'd made the right decision when he'd brought Danny here.

"Uhh... you're..." Dash couldn't manage to form a complete sentence. "Nice to see you too, Dash. I see that English still isn't your best subject." Danny snickered and Kwan busted out laughing. Dash blushed and adverted his gaze to the floor. "So.. umm... how do you feel? ... Damn it, no, wait, that's a stupid question, you were... uhh never mind. How much do you remember?" Dash wasn't sure that he really wanted to know the answer to that, but he needed to. Danny looked over to Kwan, whom nodded reassuringly, and then up to Dash, whom looked like someone had just kicked his puppy.

"A lot. And what I didn't remember, Kwan has filled me in on. I was out on ghost-patrol like I usually am on the weekends. I check over the park, the mall, and some other highly trafficked areas. There wasn't much going on. Hadn't seen a ghost in a few days. Everything was quiet. Too quiet really. I was giving the park one final sweep when I sensed something. I can feel when ghosts are near by. I followed it back into the woods, hoping to be at least mostly out of sight so that no one passing by freaked out or got hurt. The ghost I was fighting, I'd never seen it before. I still haven't seen its face... if it even has a face. I don't know its name or really anything about it other than it had a hell of a lot more power than I'd given it credit for. We were neck and neck, blow for blow, and I thought I'd just about finished it off... but then the ghost pointed out that there was a person watching and it taunted me by asking what would the town think if its 'precious hero' stood back and watched as citizens were being attacked... That's when the ghost changed its aim from me, to something to the side and behind me. I turned my head to look and got half a glance before the ghost turned its fire back to me and landed an ecto-blast dead-center in my chest and sent me hurling back into a tree. I kept my eyes open long enough to see the ghost laughing and flying off and then everything went black and got cold. Judging by what Kwan said, I'm assuming I transformed shortly after that. From there, I remember bits and pieces, I guess I was fading in and out between being conscious and not but I was too weak to open my eyes or say anything. I could hear what was going on when I was conscious though..."

Danny's cheeks began to lightly tint pink. It took Dash a moment.. but then he realized what Danny was implying and he looked to Kwan with a mortified look of sheer horror on his face. "Please tell me that doesn't mean he heard everything we were talking about in here..." Dash put his hands over his face and shook his head. Kwan tried to contain his laughter. "Oh I could tell you that... But then I'd be breaking my promise of promising never to break a promise, and I promised that I'd never lie to you." Dash pulled his hands away enough so that he could see Kwan's face. That asshole was smirking at him. Dash was utterly distraught and exposed and Kwan was living it up. "You are such a damn sadist Kwan. You're enjoying this way too much."

Danny coughed lightly and then winced. Both boys turned their heads to look at him with concern. "Hey Kwan, would you mind letting me talk to Dash alone for a minute?" Kwan smiled. "Of course not. I'm going to go see what we have that would be light enough for you to be able to eat, and keep down." "Thanks Kwan." Danny gave a small smile and watched as Kwan left the room. Dash stood there awkwardly fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. Danny patted the spot on the bed next to him. "Come sit. I.. I think we should talk."

{Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. What all did he actually hear? And what all did Kwan tell him? Everything? How much does he know? And regardless of what I did today, I'm still the same asshole whom has been an utter dick to him for the past three years. He probably hates my guts now and wanted Kwan out of the room so that he could really let me have it...}

"Hey space-cadet, stop thinking so much, I can hear your brain frying from over here and I haven't even started talking yet." Danny laughed softly and Dash's blush darkened. Normally, comments like that directed towards Dash would have landed Danny in a world of hurt, but now, now Dash just stood there as his face began to rival the hue of his Letterman jacket. He was beyond doomed. "Sorry, I'm just... Sorry. For everything." Dash covered his mouth. That sounded stupid, and lame, and really unapologetic and sympathetic and... Dash was thinking too much again. He decided it was best to just shut-up and take a seat.

Dash sat down next to Danny on the bed and Danny did his best to scoot himself into a slightly more upright position. The pair looked at one another for long moment. Both silent. And now it was Danny's turn to be nervous. The raven haired boy worried his bottom lip between his teeth. "Uhh.. I'm not really sure where to even begin." Smooth Danny. Real smooth. His cheeks were flushed and that made Dash wonder if Danny was possibly just as confused as he was.

{He has me to himself and he's not screaming or yelling or throwing things at me.. so maybe, just maybe...} Dash inhaled deeply and held it for a moment before slowly breathing out. {Now or never, Baxter.} He looked up, his eyes were now fixated on Danny's. "I think I have an idea of where to begin..." He reached up gently so that his right hand was resting against Danny's left cheek. Danny's expression displayed confusion mixed with a twinge of curiosity, but he wasn't left wondering what Dash was talking about or doing for long.

Dash leaned down so that his face was hovering about three inches above Danny's, their eyes met, waves of cyan and cerulean crashing together before consuming one another. Danny gave the slightest of nods and that was all it took for Dash to capture the smaller male's lips with his own and close the distance between them.

*End Chapter Five*

*End Part One Dash's POV*