Part One - Chapter Three - Kwan's POV

Chapter Three

"Mhm of course Mrs.Fenton, I'll let him know when he wakes up, please do enjoy the rest of your evening." Kwan hung-up the phone and grabbed a soda for Dash, and one for himself as well. He wandered back into the room and found that Dash was still sitting on the edge of the bed. He hadn't taken his eyes off of Danny since they'd arrived. Kwan thought it was rather endearing. He liked that he got to see this side of Dash, and he was glad that Dash felt comfortable enough around him to know that he didn't have to pretend to be anything or anyone other than himself. Now if only he could convince Dash that it was truly okay to be himself around everyone else.. But he knew that was as almost as much of a far-cry as Danny actually playing football with them.

"Okay. Pizza's ordered, Danny's parent's have been called, my parent's will be at work until Monday night and they never get upset if I have my friend's over to stay anyways, and we're off school for autumn break until after next week... So I think that covers everything."

Kwan tossed Dash one of the soda's before falling back into his chair. Dash quickly popped the tab on his can and downed half of the beverage before setting the can down. "What did you get on the pizza? Pepperoni? Bacon? Sausage?"

Kwan raised a brow and looked over at Dash. {Sometimes he makes this far too easy..} "Yes Dash, I'm well aware that you have a deep-seeded love for meat.." He couldn't keep a straight face and ended up laughing loudly by the time he finished the sentence.

Dash's cheeks flushed lightly, indicating that Dash had indeed caught on to the true nature of his friend's comment. "Kwaaan. I swear. You're horrible."

Kwan snickered. "Hey, I've learned from the best. It's not my fault that you set yourself up as an easy target."

Dash rolled his eyes and let out a huff. "I still can't believe that Danny's parents actually bought your lame-ass story. I mean seriously, can you picture him going up against any of the other guys on our team? He would end up in worse shape than he's in now... And then I'd have to kill someone." Dash grumbled the last bit of his comment under his breath.

Kwan shook his head and looked over to his best friend, whom was damn near sulking at this point. "That may be true, but that doesn't mean that you don't think about having him on your team... in more ways than one." Kwan waggled his eye brows suggestively and Dash groaned.

"Oh my god Kwan, I swear I'm this close to choking you out."

Kwan couldn't resist himself...

"I'm flattered man, but you know I'm not into that."

He ducked just in time as a second roll of gauze was launched in his direction.

"But in all seriousness, yeah I know it wasn't the best excuse to tell his parents but it worked. And it has also worked at getting your mind reeling with thoughts of Danny actually turning the tables and showing some aggression towards you for a change, that or possibly him dressing up as your own personal cheerleader, that would be one game where you better score..."

Kwan was having so much fun at Dash's expense, he almost missed the knocking at the door. He quipped off one final thought before leaving a very flustered Dash behind as he went to pay for the pizza.

*End Chapter Three*