Part One - Chapter Four - Danny's POV

Chapter Four

Danny opened his eyes slowly. He was still feeling quite lethargic and a tad bit lucid. His brain was in a fog but his mind was reeling with all of the thoughts and events from the evening.

{Was it all just a dream? Did that ghost blast me even harder than I remember? I mean.. Kwan was saying some pretty crazy things about Dash, and Dash didn't deny any of it.. So I had to be imagining it all, right?}

Danny was startled out of his thoughts when someone began talking.

"I wasn't expecting you to wake up any time soon. How are you feeling?"

Kwan sat the book he'd been reading to the side and looked at Danny whom was now looking around the room in a slightly confused manner.

{The Vampire Lestat? Kwan reads Anne Rice? I didn't think anyone in Amity other than Sam read her books.. Huh, I should let Sam know that she's not the only fang-fanatic.}

"Do you remember anything that happened today?"

Kwan suddenly realized that Danny most likely had no idea where he was, or how he had gotten there. He was about to begin explaining when Danny spoke up. His voice was quieter than usual and there was still a slight weakness in his tone.

"I'm feeling like I got hit by a bus, to sum it up simply. But the pain isn't too over-baring.. for some reason. And I remember the fight, I also know where I'm at and how I got here. Thank you, for everything you've done, by the way."

Kwan nodded as he got up to change the fluids bag that was hooked to Danny's IV.

"I can't even begin to imagine how that feels. And you're welcome. Dash would have done the same for me if he could and the situation would have been reversed. After everything he told me, I'm glad that he brought you here instead of to a hospital. How do you know where you're at, by the way? And you said you remember the fight, so you also know that I know your secret."

Danny's cheeks pinked lightly.

"I.. uh.. heard a lot of what you and Dash were saying while I was still out of it. I'm not sure if it's a ghost ability or something than humans can do as well but it was like my body was unresponsive and I couldn't move or speak or actually wake up, but I could still hear and feel what was going on. As far as the pain and how it feels, yeah it hurts but at least I feel a lot faster than humans do.. or I usually do anyways."

Kwan looked thoughtful for a moment as he switched out the empty IV bag for a full one.

"Ahh, it could be either one or a bit of both. I don't know much, or anything really about ghostly abilities, but it is possible for humans to be able to hear and feel while their physical body is not functional. If you don't mind me asking, how does being a ghost and a human work exactly? I know you're not dead, you have a pulse and your blood pressure and oxygen levels are pretty normal for someone whom has been through severe trauma. And you feel faster than humans? That would explain why some of the wounds looked rather mild, or faded, but a few were still pretty bad.."

Kwan pointed to the machine and monitors that Danny was hooked up to. They displayed all of Danny's vitals across the screens. Where did Kwan get all of this stuff and why did he have it in the first place? Danny made a mental note to ask later.

"I'm a half-ghost. I have both a fully functional human side as well as a fully functional ghost side and I can transform between the two freely at will. If I'm seriously injured or I go unconscious, I sometimes turn back into my human form. Which is what happened earlier today. And yes, it's called speed healing, and for some reason it's not happening nearly as quickly as it usually does."