Chapter 2

I moved my tentacles around while looking at Itona. "How's this?"

"Slow," He replied as I tried to strike him, yet he dodged it.

"Force yourself into it," Shiro advised. "That way your whole body gets speed. Your tentacles will pick up strength soon enough. But it's nothing if you can't get even be at Mach 15-- and you need to."

"I know! I know! You told me this, like, a million times!"

Itona looked at me blankly, "Then start doing it." One of his tentacles shot at me, causing me to nearly fall off balance. We were in an empty room, so the move would be hard, but...

I dodged to one side, pushing off the wall with one tentacle while outreaching with the other. When the left tentacle pushed off, I raised it on two tentacles. One tentacle grabbed one of Itona's, while the other grabbed two.

"How's that for speed?" I smirked at Itona.

He rolled his eyes, "I was going easy on you." He lashed out with the free tentacle until it was around my neck.

One tentacle immediately lashed at it, only to be trapped.

Then the other one attacked, only to be caught as well.

"Arrow." Shiro reprimanded. "Two tentacles are nothing against Itona. Not only is he way more advanced than you, but he also has two times the tentacles."\

"Well, that little liquid of yours didn't really give me more than two," I complained. "Do I need more, or do something else?" I freed one tentacle and smacked Itona on the face with it, getting released.

"It's a serum, thank you. And, if you'd like to know, Itona had to make his other two." Shiro walked towards me slowly. "Try to feel more tentacles. There will be pain, yes, but in the end, it'll be worth it."

I nodded, "But maybe once I get too distractEEDD!!!" Itona pulled me upside down. I crossed my arms and smacked his nutsack with one tentacle. "Idiot Horrible." I antagonized playfully.

"Haha, very funny Arrogant Fuck." Itona sm--waitwhatthefuckdidhejustdo. Did he just fucking smile?!?!??!!!?

"At least there's a way to make you smile," I returned the smile.

I was lifted off my feet by Itona's tentacle around my chest. Another curled around my legs, another on my neck, and another held him above the ground.

Both tentacles tried attacking at different positions, but I failed miserably and got them tangled in Itona's.

Shiro's red eyes glowed from underneath the shadowy roof of the cloak. The message was clear: Pain doesn't matter when you're getting strength.

Strength. That's all that mattered here. Whenever you wanted anything else-- to actually live-- you needed to be strong. Now completely trapped, and with Itona's tentacles just squeezing tighter, I had to endure pain. That's what you do when you survive.

I tried to imagine it, trying to feel it. The feeling of a tentacle sprouting like a flower out the back of my neck was painful, like e needle sliding across it, but I ignored it as I thought about finally having another tentacle. The sensation when it moved, feeling myself using it to defend myself.

Then I opened my (E/C) eyes and saw something like a line fly across my vision before I fell halfway onto the ground. The new tentacle saved me from the six foot fall, setting me onto the ground lightly while the other two held me up a little.

"I-I-I-Itona!" I yelled while running over to him. He was lying on the ground, getting up. One of his tentacles lashed out at me and I stopped it. "I won't do that again." I said, pushing it down. "Just keep that up you'll be dead within a day."

His eyes were a little terrified. I had hit a spot he couldn't cross without hurting me enough to where he regretted it.

"That's fine," He said, grabbing me with another tentacle. My new tentacle slammed down on it, keeping its place while one of my first ones hit his stomach. One of his own nearly grabbed my foot, but I pushed upward with my foot and my body. 

Thanks for the tip! I thought while slamming my tentacle into the opposite wall, tackling Itona in the process.

We rolled around until my new tentacle matched with two tentacles, and the two old ones matched with one. I smirkedand slammed Itona onto the ground while tackling him. He was able to turn the tables though, tackling me and pinning me with hands only.

"Gotcha," He said emotionlessly. "Being cocky is the only way to get yourself killed here." He leaned in closer to inspect my neck. "Interesting."

I tried to hide my blushing and kicked him off while slapping him in the face with a tentacle. "Get off you pervert."

"I'm not that perverted." He sighed. "Anyway, shouldn't that wrap it up Shiro?"

He nodded, "Yes. Go rest now. Tomorrow we won't be here."

"Really?" I asked. "We've been here for the passed few days. Where are we going now?"

"You two are going to school while I go get more serum. It'll be easier to get tentacles." He answered. "Now go get to sleep, and maybe some food from the kitchen."

I sighed and hit a part of the wall, unlocking a door. Itona tucked his tentacles in. I followed. We both walked just a little forward before coming into the kitchen. "I don't know what I wanna do anymore. Run away or stay," I laughed at him.

"Running means you're a coward. If you stay, you're either stupid or strong." The silver-haired boy used one tentacle to scoop ice cream into a bowl while I did with a different flavor.

"Okay then," I grabbed a spoon and started feeding myself. "It's nice being here. Almost like--"

I stayed silent. Itona nudged a tentacle in my direction and talked with his mouth full, "Well?"

"Almost... like..." I set down my bowl of ice cream.

Itona came closer until he was within arms reach.

I gave a slight blush, "Like we're a family."

Itona stopped coming at me and looked down now. His fist clenched as his tentacle hit both of our bowls on the ground. A dark aura filled the room, "The closest thing I'll ever have to family is Shiro. He's almost like a dad to me. But you? You're more like a friend than a sister. I'd hate to think of you as my sister anyway."

In that moments, my one tentacle fell on the ground loosely. I gave myself a napkin and wiped my face before walking up the stairs ever so slowly. "O-Okay. I'll met you upstairs."

I continued to walk, speeding up. I entered Itona's room and threw my third pair of red bandage on the ground and put on one of his black shirts and snuggled in the blankets.

Why doesn't he se me as a sister figure? He rejected the thought of it too... Why though? What'd I do?