Chapter 5

"Iton—" I paused as his face came too close to mine. "Can you back up?"

He shook his head and blinked slowly. "No. I won't."

"But Itona, I—"

Silence. I was silenced. Itona finally came too close and he finally made a move.

His eyes were closed, and we were close,  but I knew we were both blushing. I tried to escape, but either side of me was blocked or impossible. Even if I did escape, he'd find another way to get me back down.

I forced my hands underneath us but he just pressed down harder.

Itona. I thought. This is can't be happening right now.

But reality is greater than fiction. And this was real.

I felt like passing out from this.

I felt like doing something about it.

So I did.

I wrapped my arms around his chest, pressing closer. My lips tried to part away, but he just french kissed me.

I couldn't run from this. I didn't even want to part from this moment. I knew he didn't either. But we couldn't stay here forever. But I wanted to.

This was why he didn't want to think of me as a sisterly figure. Because he thought of her as more than that. More than a friend. More than a sister. More than that.

More than anything in the world.

I pushed him hard enough that he stopped and pulled away. Then he reached behind my neck and pulled something off.

"My tentacles?" I felt the back of my neck. "They're..."

"Gone," He finished.

I heard something squish beside me. "So I'm not going to die?" I said while rubbing the back of my neck where the pain was.

"Yes. By the way, ask next time you're trying to get a new tentacle. I haven't gotten a new tentacle in two weeks." Itona stood up and held out a hand. "I'll talk to Shiro about it."

I nodded. "We should go."

And with that, Itona wrapped his tentacles around me and dashed into the trees.

~~~

"What!?" Shiro slapped itona across the face. "The tentacles we're fine! She always felt pain when she got the tentacles! Idiot! Go to your room while I give (Y/N) her serum!"

He shooed Itona away and put me back into the white room we trained in. He was there this time, holding a needle. This time it was a different color. It wasn't black like before. It was gray.

"I think you'll find this very interesting," He gave off that dark vibe I was used to.

I shoved some of my hair away and tried to contain myself as the needle injected the new liquid into my spine. A small pinch of pain courses through me, but I ignored it and dismissed myself to Itona's room.

"I-Itona?" I asked, opening the door.

He was in his bed, facing away from me. He was mad, obviously. But even so, I could tell he heard me.

"What do you want?" He snapped.

"I just.. I-I-I uhhh..."

"You nothing!" He sat up and glared at me. "I knew taking off your tentacles was a bad idea. I shoulda just let you die!"

"I just..." I let tears run down my cheeks and grabbed my phone and ran. Faster than anything. I ran passed Shiro, passed the door, and passed all of my friends before stopping at one house.

Nagisa's.

I looked at my feet before feelings a pain at the back of my neck. I looked ahead now, stepping up the steps and knocking. And again. And again.

Then I heard footsteps down some stairs and a lock unlocking before Nagisa was standing there in dark blue shorts an white shirt. "A-A-Arrow..."

"I need to stay here for awhile." I spoke, panicked. Shiro was sure to come after me. Itona? Not so much.

"Why?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Just let me in!" I yelled at him, feeling another pain at the back of my neck. "Please..."

"O-Okay," He opened the door and leg me in. I looked around while shivering.

"It's cold in here Nagisa."

"I like to cuddle in blankets," He replies, sitting me on the couch. He threw a gray blanket over us and turned on the TV before looking at me. "So what's wrong?" He sat with his knees close to his chest and head hiding behind it.

I sat crisscrossed with my hands in the blanket that covered me. I shifted my knees up to my stomach. "It's Itona. I stay with him and Shiro, as you know."

He nodded.

"Well... I-Itona got slapped by Shiro because he took my tentacles off. He was confident I'd be fine. Then when I went to Itona's room to sleep, he was... Different. Mad. Very different from when he—" I paused and blushed.

"He what?" Nagisa oressed.

"Nothing!" I answered quickly before hiding my face in the blankets.

He smiled, "Okay then! It's it really any of my business anyway."

"Thanks." I said.

But then it started. Worse than last time.

I felt a burning sensation where Shiro inserted the needle in my neck. I rubbed it, but it got worse. "Nagisa, Shiro injected me with more of thw tentacle serum and... Agh!" I held my head in pain and tried not to scream. "He said I'd enjoy it."

He ran up and grabbed some ice from the freezer and tied it in a rag quickly. I pressed it onto the spot and tried to stay still, but I let a stream of tears run down my face as I screamed.

"It's okay! Calm down!" Nagisa screeched.

"I can't! It hurts so much!"

~~~

Itona's POV

"You said that there'd be something special about the serum." I looked at Shiro. "What was it?"

He laughed and looked at me. "Perfectly fine. Just some crushed herb juice to enhance the pain. But it'll be fine. She'll have more tentacles and speed. At least that's something."

I glared at him still and opened the front door.

"And where do you think you're going?!" He reprimanded me.

"To catch that divine female I had chosen from the class. Not only is 3-E enhanced with strength, speed and courage, but she's also the strongest person I've ever seen besides myself." I jumped off the porch and tried to follow the slight scent she carried.

It led me to Nagisa's house.

I peeked through a window to hear screaming. Then I opened the door and closed it so fast, Arrow didn't see me.

Nagisa immediately glared at me and held her shoulders. "Get outta here!"

"I can help," I  said, sitting down next to her chest. "But I need you to get away from her face.

He shook his head.

I let out a tentacle and aimed it. Straight at Nagisa.

~~~

"Itona, no!" I screamed. At least the pain did something for me.

He looked at me, but I still kept screaming in pain as more burning feelings raced down my body and made me curl into a tight ball.

"Let him do it, Nagisa." I whispered. "He does know what to do."

He sighed and moved away. "Fine."

I looked at his face closing in. "Is there really only one way to—"

And I rolled my eyes inside, hugging him and kissing back.