ch. 15 - an intellectual

chan closed the door behind him as he stepped out of his room. he turned to see y/n sitting on the couch watching a new drama, and moonbin sitting next to her with his head resting on her shoulder. feeling uncomfortable, chan tried to quietly leave without the two noticing, but ended up making eye contact with his housemate.

"i'm going on a walk," he told her, before glancing at moonbin and beelining out the front door. it was cold and dark outside, making chan instantly regret agreeing to meet minho. he walked to the nearby park from their apartment building. the group frequently met at the park and it was a good distance from everyone's house. as chan crossed the sidewalk to the park, he saw minho huddled at one of the benches staring at his phone.

"hey"

"oh you're here!"

—

moonbin had left by the time chan got back home. y/n was in the kitchen working when he walked through the door. she looked up at him and nodded, acknowledging his presence, and then shifted back to her laptop. chan thought about what he had talked about with minho, before shuffling to his room. y/n sighed once he was out of sight. she's been more drained these days, chan and her hardly talked, and the other boys were never home. she pretended not to notice when chan re-emerged from his room with his own laptop and headphones. she only looked up in surprise when he sat down in front of her after grabbing two drinks from the fridge. he slid her one without looking at her and continued about his business. even though the rest of the night was spent in silence, with only little glances towards one another, they both stayed content with being together, the way they used to be.

finally the soft y/n and chris content you've all been waiting for !!
or maybe just me idk
sorry for the long waits between updates