hello dear follower,
this is @G3TCOOL.

usually my posts are humorous little thoughts and such, but today i'm announcing something you probably won't be very happy with. i will be logging off pretty soon. and by that i mean, i'm leaving.

i know this is very sudden, as i'm just about to hit 200 followers, my most popular book has over 100K views, and i had so many plans and ideas for future books. however, my attitude toward my writing has changed greatly.

(DISCLAIMER: the following is not meant to direct hate at any authors or readers, and is purely my opinion.)

i used to enjoy fanfiction a lot, especially when i first got wattpad, but that was years ago. recently i've realized fanfiction is something i no longer enjoy, and i am honestly kind of against. i find there's many flaws in it, like the romanticizing of so many horrible things, but the thing that bothers me the most is that it feeds into the absolute garbage "y/n" mindset and the idols being written about are seen less as real people.

i never realized how bad the whole "y/n thing was. for me, i always read it as a default name "yuna", so i didn't think much of it. but truth be told, it really does encourage the delulus and those fans who are really convinced they could date their idols. thats seriously something i don't want to support, because its immature and it makes people toxic and possessive of idols who only see them as apart of the job. (and rightfully so)

that brings me to my next point, which is that fanfiction really dehumanizes idols. when you write or read fanfiction, most likely the idol is just there in concept or just the face to a character with the same name. at least thats how i saw it, until i saw hamilton fanfiction. and while i was trying to figure out why on earth someone was writing fanfiction about america's founding fathers, i came to the realization that kpop fanfiction is no different. kpop idols are real, living people, who have lives, and make their own decisions. they do not belong in a narrative written by a bored high school girl. they should not have mafia aus or high school aus written about them. i can't stress this enough, you do not know your idols. its one thing to have a discussion with your friends about if your friend group was a mafia, but you can't do the same with your kpop boys who are literally just doing their job. you can't assume who's gay or who's straight. its fine when its light and joking, saying someone has a crush on someone else, but if you feel any sincerity towards your ships, you genuinely need to get over it.

your idols are not your property, you don't know them, they don't know you. find comfort in them, respect them, adore them, but know where to draw the line. you're never getting closer to them than a concert venue, and you need to accept that.

i don't mean to sound hypocritical, i fully acknowledge my past actions and that my opinion may not be the same as others. i also know that most people read and enjoy fanfiction very lightly, and don't read into it at all, which i fully respect and am totally okay with.

i thank everyone that supported me and my works, and will probably publish any drafts saved before (of unfinished books) before signing off one last time.

so lastly, informally, i'd like to say: i'm seriously grateful for everything, but we really gotta move on. i think, especially after this crazy year, we need to get better, and we need to enforce the line between fan and idol. between person and person.

so i wish everyone a happy holidays, and a good life. go outside and talk to people folks. emotional support kpop boys and girls are great but emotional support best friends are better.

xx,
@G3TCOOL