ch. 20 - finale

chan and y/n had decided to get groceries, hoping to delay the talk they were about to have. on their way back from the store, they stopped at a nearby park, sitting down at one of the benches. they sat in silence for a few minutes, hearts racing and stomachs doing flips. chan bounced his legs in nervousness while y/n played with her hands. not knowing what to say, they avoided looking at each other.

"chris..."

"y/n..." they said simultaneously, making them awkwardly laugh.

"go ahead." y/n said. chan let out an anxious chuckle. he looked up at y/n who looked back at him. it was dark, but he could see she was just as nervous as he was. swallowing, he looked at her for a moment before realizing he didn't have to say anything. he held her face in his hand and leaned in. without hesitation, she leaned in too. they grinned as they kissed, and laughed after. chan pulled y/n into a hug and she smiled as she buried her face into his jacket.

"wait- so technically NEITHER of you confessed?" minho asked loudly. chan and y/n exchanged an amused look.

"yeah pretty much."

"i knew they were both cowards." jeongin muttered, crossing his arms.

"well congratulations guys!" hyerin squealed. she enthusiastically gave them two thumbs up.

"you too!" chan grinned back, making hyerin blush furiously and everyone whip around to look at her in surprise. she scooted over to lily, and hid her face in the taller girl's hair. lily laughed, lacing her fingers with hyerin's

"so much love i'm gonna be sick." changbin scrunched his nose.

"oh should we break up then to balance it out?" felix asked, playfully. changbin protested loudly, clinging to felix's arm.

and so they sat there, forgetting about the stupid bet they'd made with each other, just glad their friends were with whoever made them happy. that even with the mess of the past few months, two clueless best friends, had finally found love.

oh my god.
its over folks.
i have a lot to say and people to thank, but i'll do that after the bonus chapter ;)