ch. 19 - top 10 anime betrayals

"wait...so you guys are actually dating?" jisung asked, from his place on the couch between minho and felix. the group was sprawled around minho's living room after they'd recovered from the mess that had just occurred. the many of them tried their best to squish themselves onto the limited seating. lily, hyerin, and moonbin sat on stools on one side of the room, jisung felix and minho sat on one of the couches, with hyunjin and seungmin on the armrests. changbin woojin and jeongin sat cross legged on the floor while chan and y/n shared an armchair.

"uh yes." chan nodded. jeongin raised his hand as if he was in class.

"and you knew about our bet?"

"yep."

"y/n" chan called from the living room. y/n took out her headphones.

"yeah?"

"come here for a sec" groaning, she rolled out of bed. y/n made her way to where chan was on the couch and sat down next to him. "look what i found" he proudly held up a phone. the phone wasn't his though, it was jisung's.

"huh?" she took the phone from him and read through a group chat with the name 'y/n has more bde than chan'. "what is this??"

"honestly not too sure but our dumb housemate left his phone here when he went to shower and it was buzzing nonstop so i picked it up to mute it and found this. also his password was so obvious who uses their own birthday?"

"wait so, lily doesn't actually like you?" y/n said aloud as she read the texts.

"that's all you got from that? and of course not i'm pretty sure she likes hyerin." y/n made an "o" shape with her mouth. "wait.. you didn't actually think we were going out did you?" chan broke into a grin.

"no! i mean why would i even care." she responded, setting the phone back down on the table in front of them.

"oh yeah i guess since you're with moonbin and all that."

"we're not-"

"aren't actually a thing, yeah i know." chan smiled knowingly, as y/n turned to him.

"how?"

"well, first of all you'd never date such a tall guy because you don't like being hugged over the shoulders, you like being hugged around the waist. second, you look at him the same way you look at the rest of our friends. also, you would never date anyone you've only known for like two months. let's see what else.."

"okay okay i get it." y/n felt herself start to burn up. they sat in silence for a few moments.

"so they have a bet, about us?"

"yeah looks like."

a door unlocked and jisung walked out of the bathroom. he glanced at them weirdly, picked up his phone off the coffee table, and disappeared into his room.

"so.."

"let's talk about this outside."

-

sorry for the slow updates !
this book is wrapping up soon so if you're interested please do check out my nct dream book too
i've been working on it a lot so please do support it