Chapter 1

Emma is sitting at her desk at the Sheriffs station. It's 9:30pm, and she's dreading going home. She loves her wife and her son, but she doesn't like the way Regina has been treating her since she gave birth. She's so loving towards Henry, but when it comes to her it's all negative. It's almost like she can't do anything right anymore. Henry is 5 months old and it's almost an every day thing that Regina treats her like shit. She loves her wife so much, but she doesn't know how much she can take. Her cell phone dings, and it's Regina sending a text. "Bring home more diapers". Emma reads it and lets out a sigh. She sends back "Babe nothing is open in Storybrooke right now".  "Well you better find something that is open because my son needs more diapers".   "He's our son Regina".   "Whatever. Just bring home diapers". Emma leaves the office at 10pm and heads over to the next town and gets the diapers, because she doesn't want to listen to Regina if she doesn't. At just after 11 she finally walked through the door. "Well it's about damn time. Good thing I didn't need them right away". Regina says and walks away. "Ya it's good to see you too babe". She says to the walls. She goes in the kitchen, puts the bag of diapers on the island and grabs herself a beer from the refrigerator and sits down. A few minutes later Regina comes walking in. "Really Emma? You spend all day and night at work and you can't check how our son or I am. I hope that beer is good. I'm going to bed".  "Ok babe, I'll be up in a few minutes".  "Whatever". Regina says as she walks away. About 20 minutes later Emma goes upstairs and all the lights are out in the bedroom. She pulls out her phone and uses the flashlight to find some pajamas then goes in the bathroom to change. She gets in bed and Regina says. "Do you really have to make so much damn noise, Henry gets up early you know?"   "Sorry sweetheart I'll try harder next time". Emma lays on her side and tries to fight the tears, but they fall anyway. "I miss my wife so much". She thinks to herself. She remembers how her wife never acted like this before. She cries herself to sleep again and prays that her wife will turn back into the woman she loves. "Damn it Emma, will you please shut off that alarm. It's been going off for almost a half hour". Regina shouts as she comes out of the bathroom. Emma is startled, but shuts off the alarm. "Sorry Regina". She thinks of how many apologies she had to give in the last few months. Emma gets out of bed and goes into the nursery, and Henry is laying on his back playing with his feet in his crib. He's such a happy baby. She walks over.  "Hey, little man. How's my favorite kid this morning?"  She picks him up and he snuggles into her shoulder and she rubs his back. She kisses his forehead and says. "I love you Henry, so much. I hope you always know that". He lets out a cute little coo almost like saying he understands. Regina walks in and takes him out of Emma's arms. "We need to leave dear. We will see you later". She walks out of the room without another word, and I few tears fall from Emma's eyes. She thinks to herself. "I really need to talk to Dr. Hopper. Regina must be going through some postpartum thing". She goes in to take a shower and get ready for work.