Chapter 5

Zelena is watching Henry today while I go pick up Regina. "Happy to be coming home babe?"   "Yes Emma, I really can't wait. I've missed being with my wife and our son". She smiles at me. The nurse finally comes in so we can get signed out, and go over home care. When she was all done she takes an envelope out of her folder and hands it to me. "Here are your test results Mrs. Swan-Mills. They must have sent them up here by accident".  I think to myself "What the fuck?"   "What are those for Emma?"   "Oh nothing babe, I just had a physical, these must be my blood tests". I fold it up and stick it in my back pocket. "Your not going to open it?"  "Nope. I'd rather get my wife home first". I lean in to give her a kiss and then the nurse wheeled Regina outside to my truck. Regina was so happy to be home she cried. We spent all night with Henry. It was nice being a family again. We bathed him and put him to bed together, then went into our room. "Babe will you be ok out here if I go in and take a shower?"  She gives me a kiss. "Of course my love".  "Thank you. All I've been taking were quick showers, just in case Henry needed me".  "Your so good Emma. Go enjoy your shower my love". I kiss her again then I grab some clothes and head to the bathroom. It was nice to take a long hot shower. I felt great when I got out, that was until I see Regina sitting on the bed crying, I quickly go to her side. "What's wrong babe, are you in any pain?"   "I wanted to gather the clothes so we can do some laundry, so I got your clothes from the bathroom, and when I checked your pockets I found the envelope you put there earlier. Why is this from the DNA lab Emma?"  "Reginas please don't cry, it's not what you think".  "Then What is it Emma, do you have another kid out there?"  "No Regina. Damn it. I didn't want to tell you this, but the night Dr. Hopper took you in to get checked out we were having a bad argument and you told me that Henry wasn't mine".  "That's ridiculous, why would I say something like that?"  "You were doing things that were very unlike you for months Regina. You would have done or said anything to hurt me. You pretty much hated everything I did all the time".  "I'm sorry Emma. I'm really sorry. You don't deserve to be treated that way. What else did I do?"  "Regina what good is it to bring this all up?"  "Please. I want to know".  "That night you were very angry and you punched me. That's how I got this". I pointed to the little scar on my cheek. "Was that the only time?"  I shook my head no. "There were a few slaps to my face a couple of times". The tears are really coming down her face now. "I don't know what to say. An apology seems useless after everything I've done to you".  "It's ok Regina I know now that it wasn't you acting like that, it was because of what was happening inside your head babe. It wasn't you". She hands me the envelope and I just look at it. "Are you going to open it?"  "I really don't want to, but for a month your words have been ringing non stop in my ears". I get up and start pacing around the bedroom. "I can still here the way you laughed at me when you told me Henry wasn't mine".  "Please tell me what I said". "Regina I don't". She interrupts me. "Please Emma. Just tell me".  "You called me a silly bitch, then you told me that this thing between my legs was useful at times, then you asked me if I really thought I would be able to give you a baby, then you laughed at me again". Regina put her head in Her hands and I could hear her sobbing so I go sit next to her and wrap my arms around her but she shakes them off and stands up. "How could you even want to be next to me?  I was so cruel to you. I acted no better than those kids from your foster homes".  "Regina please understand baby it wasn't you". She shakes her head. I walk over to her and try to put my hands on her shoulders but she takes a step back. "Listen sweetheart. Tomorrow we can call Dr. Hopper ok, and he can help us work this out". "Open the envelope Emma, please".  "Why?"  "Because I need to at least know I didn't cheat on you".  I nod and open the envelope, I read it and I start to cry.