Jooheon || Open Mic

"Hey, you should go up there," your friend encourages you

"I can't sing...plus I'm too scared to do so," you reply.

"Aish, c'mon, I know you said you wanted to do this. Plus, you wanted to come here!" Your friend laughs.

"What do you mean here?! I meant a noraebong, a private place where we can let loose. In private. Not some public place!"

"This is the closest thing you're going to get to a noraebong, [Y/N]. So go up there!"

"You only want me to go up there because you don't want to," you grumble.

"You may be right, but you also suggested something like this," your friend wiggles her eyebrows at you while smirking.

"But you agreed to this!"

"It was your idea."

"And you wanted to go out tonight, so whose fault is it now?!" You retort.

"You go up there and then we can do a duet once I'm more drunk," your friend laughs.

"Mmm...fine," you mumble.

You head up to the stage where you pick out a song to sing.

You choose "Airplanes" by B.o.B and Hayley Williams.

Earlier in the day, your friend texted you, asking if you wanted to go out with her. You told her that you wanted to do karaoke, and you ended up at an open mic type of karaoke. The place you always go to was booked when you got there, so you went to the next best thing.

There is a place near the noraebong that does an open mic karaoke. Not your most ideal place to do karaoke, but it will do.

You nervously take the mic and the music starts playing.

You start out soft as the song progresses, but your confidence builds and your voice becomes stronger. You become freer and start to dance along to the music.

All of a sudden, a guy jumps up onto the stage as the second rap part of the song comes on.

Yeah yeah somebody take me back to the days
Before this was a job before I got paid
Before it ever mattered what I had in my bank
Yeah back when I was trying to get a tip at subway
And back then I was rapping for the hell of it
But nowadays we rapping to stay relevant
I'm guessing if can make some wishes out of airplanes
Then maybe oh maybe I'll go back to the days
Before the politics that we call the rap game
And back when ain't nobody listened to my mix tape
And back before when I tried to cover up my slang
But this is for the Decatur what's up Bobby Ray
So can I get a wish to end the politics
And get back to the music that started this shit
So here I stand and then again I say
I'm hoping we can make some wishes outta airplanes

You continue to sing along as well, performing a duet with the guy. The two of you bop along to the song, and you hear the crowd clap along as well.

As the song comes to an end, the two of you stare into each others eyes and finish the song out. You give him a smile and then look down before heading off stage.

"Wait!" You hear from behind you.

You turn around and finally give him a good once over.

He has blondish, orangish hair and you notice that he has dimples as he smiles sheepishly at you. His eyes become half moons and this makes you blush.

"Why did you come on stage?"

"Because I couldn't resist showing off my rap skills any longer. Also, this was my chance at talking to such a pretty woman like you," he smiles even more, if that's even possible.

You do have to admit, he has some mad rapping skills and is insanely cute when he smiles.

"I-I like when you smile because I like seeing your dimples. They're cute," you blurt out.

Then you look down at your feet, mentally hitting yourself for saying that.

"And you're pretty cute when you become shy," you hear him chuckle.

You look back up at him, and stare into his eyes. You could become lost in his deep, dark eyes.

"So, what's your name, my lady?"

"[Y/N]," you say quietly.

"A pretty name," he murmurs.

"What's yours?" You cock your head to the side.

"Jooheon. Lee Jooheon."

You nod your head, not knowing what else to say.

"So, do you want to get a drink?" Jooheon breaks the silence.

"S-sure."

You walk over to the bar in silence, where he asks what your favorite drink is.

"It's on me sweetheart," he winks.

"No no, you don't have to," you say.

"It's okay princess, I got this."

He's so bold. From coming onto the stage with me to flirting with me and now paying for my drink.

How do I know he's not some creepy guy? But he makes my heart flutter, so I must give him a chance...

"You okay there?" He has a look of concern on his face.

"Y-yes."

Jooheon gives you a small smile before handing you your drink.

A couple hours later and after Jooheon serenades you with Bruno Mars' "Versace on the Floor," you stumble out of the venue you were in.

You are laughing at Jooheon's jokes as your friend wiggles her eyebrows at you from behind Jooheon.

"Mmm, let me get your number so we can do this again," Jooheon coos.

"Okay~" you smile.

"Now, text me when you get home so I know you made it safely back, okay honey?"

Jooheon gave you the nickname sometime during the night.

"Okay Joohoney~" you giggle back, as you are slightly intoxicated.

"I like that! You better save my name in your phone as that," he smirks.

"Ah, okay, see you again!"

You part with your friend and once you are you far enough away from Jooheon, your friend says,"Now aren't you glad I made you go up there?"

Both of you laugh and head home.

[Y/N]: I'm home now ;)

Joohoney 🍯: I'm glad~ see you soon honey