twenty three

"let's break up," as those words left jennie's lips, tears poured down chaeyoung's cheeks as she gives the latter the most weakest smile that would probably repeat in jennie's mind forever. the younger looked vulnerable, gullible, weak. and as jennie looked at her, they were back.

no, not as lovers. but something less, yet something more than friends; best friends.

"thank you." chaeyoung said, smiling at the girl as she wipes her tears. it has really ended now, officially. they have set each other free from the relationship they thought would work, although it was already shattered. and as jennie remembers everything, she looked down. she couldn't look at the girl.. now is only her friend when they've shared a lot of love scenes, kisses and shared hearts.

it hurt, but she has to accept. they have come to an end. they met and fell in love, became lovers and now have broken up. it's totally normal anyways for a human to experience this thing, but to still see the pain she's cost the girl as she looks into her eyes, it was torture for her.

they just stayed their, crying their hearts out since there was nothing they could do anymore.

then, when morning came.. as usual, jisoo was up early to cook for the younger girls and either rosé or jennie would wake up next or they'd wake up together. since their maknae always stay up all night watching k-drama, there is definitely no way she'd wake up early in the morning.

"unnie, i'll help you." chaeyoung said, grabbing the pan and jisoo nodded, proceeding to the rice cooker to put in the sprouts and mixed it up with a spoonful of salt. grabbing a spoon, she scooped it and brought the spoonful of rice to her mouth. "mm.. just right." she whispered, grabbing a bowl and put the rice into it.

"good morning," chaeyoung and jisoo turned around to where the voice was coming from, and chaeyoung was indeed right, it was jennie. with just that, the atmosphere got awkward. no one spoke, but jisoo grabbed the bowl of rice, putting it on the dining table. "yah." she starts, "you two help me set up the table." as jisoo said that, jennie looked down, approaching the plate covers and grabbed four and chaeyoung grabbed four bowls, almost making jennie drop the plates when they made a skin contact.

jennie looked down, avoiding the younger girl's gaze and chaeyoung did as well, turning her head away. "u-um since you got the plates, can you move a little? so i can get the bowl?" she asked and jennie nodded, walking towards the dining table, shutting her eyes closed.

after setting up the plates, she went towards the ramen chaeyoung was cooking just a while ago and having so much in her mind, some water fell on her hand, making her let out a whine when it hit her. chaeyoung was quick, grabbing the girl's hand and blew on the bruised finger. "are you okay?" she asked, blowing and kissing the bruised finger.

jennie blushed, biting her bottom lip. as chaeyoung realized what she was doing, she lets go of the girl's hand and awkwardly turned her gaze. "u-um.. are you okay?" she asked and jennie nodded, looking down, her cheeks still a light shade of red.

chaeyoung grabbed a bowl and poured the noddles into it before walking towards the dining table and grabbed a rag to absorb the water on the floor.

not being able to take the awkwardness, chaeyoung ran upstairs, excusing that she will wake up lalisa. "lalisa!" she swung the door open and the latter quickly sat up, even her eyes were still squinting. "what happened? earthquake? what happened?" the girl was panicking and chaeyoung laughed, pointing at the girl who still has her bed hair and is still bare-faced.