-5-

the basement is... creepy. to say the absolute least.

it's dank, and the air is moist.

but it feels fairly more peaceful than floor 4,
the air is, lighter to say the least.

you find yourself at an old wooden door,
you pause, pulling yourself to knock-
was this really a good idea?

a tall, brown woman answers the door, her soft wavy hair pulled up into a bun.
she has a rather uncanny resemblance to the brown haired boy in the hall, a mother maybe?

"oh, hello!... i don't believe we've met before?"

you quickly shove out your hand, the woman shaking it.

"i'm (y/n) (l/n), does Larry live here?"

the woman let's out a small giggle, a cheery smile on her face.

"I'm Lisa Johnson, Larry's mother. his room is in the back. he is with his friend Sal right now."

you nod as she lets you in.

you awkwardly walk toward what you assumed to be larry's room, loud game music could be heard playing as well a string of curses.

you slowly open the door and peek your head in, staring at the one and only, Sal and Larry.

the game music shuts off and Larry smiles warmly toward you.

"Oh hey, your totally that girl who said my hair looked nice!"

with an awkward glance and a small laugh, you confirm his comment.

but then you turn your attention towards the blue haired boy, Sal.

there was a small pause and Sal speaks up.

"Larry,"
"yeah?"
the brunette turns his attention to the boy, setting down the console controller.
"This is the girl i was talking about."
Larry freezes, then looks towards you and gives you the dirtiest glare you have ever received.

"..so, your dad told me to come down here, because you had something to tell be about hitting my dog?"

you tried sounding -not- bitchy, but it kind of came out that way, and you inwardly hit yourself for being so rude in someone else's house.

Larry only glares at your harder, god if looks could kill you would already be six feet under.

"Oh.. Larry, could you leave for a second?"

"Okay.."
the boy pauses in front of you, staring right into eyes.
"just because your a girl doesn't mean i won't fight you."

you find yourself involuntarily shiver, as he shoved past you.

"Im sorry about him, he tends to be very protective of me."

you can only nod, the boy motioning you to come closer.

"you can sit down, you know."

you find yourself laugh, covering your mouth.

you just realized how silly you probably looked awkwardly standing there.

seating yourself on the floor, you stare up at Sal, his strikingly blue eyes watching you.

"I'm sorry for hitting your dog like that, but there was a reason why i did it."

you slowly nod,
"yeah, your dad said that actually..."

you then think back to poor pepper, you hope he is okay..

"I... I was attacked by a dog when i was young, and it was really bad."

and it suddenly clicks in your head-
that's why he's wearing that mask!

you quickly cover your mouth, a wave of guilt washing over you.

"oh god,, i'm so sorry-"

"it's not your fault-"

you don't know if your monthly was coming, or if all of the recent stress build up had finally broken out, but you started to cry.

"i.. i should've kept pepper on a leash- oh god i'm so sorry that must've been terrifying for you!"

tears freely pour out of your eyes while you try to feebly wipe them away with the sleeves of your shirt.

the boy absolutely freezes, almost petrified at your sudden outburst and quickly kneels to your side.

"oh gosh- it's okay, don't worry about it i'm fine! it was my fault for reacting like that anyway!"

Sals attempt to stop you from crying does nothing, so he desperately yells for his friend -albiet a bit too loudly-

the tall boy bursts through the door, probably expecting to fight you, but nearly falls flat on his face when he sees your sobbing form.

"w.. what happened??"

"i don't know- i told her about the dog attack and she just started crying and apologizing.."

larry sits down to your other side, gently putting his hand on your shoulder.

"i-i should've put him on a leash- oh gosh i keep fucking up and i'm new here and i have no friends- and i'm just trying to fit in but i messed it all up again"
you say each sentence in a sobbing jumble, putting your hands in your face.

you probably look really pitiful right now, sobbing on some boys floor about how you cannot make friends and how you should've kept your dog on a leash.

"hey.. hey it's okay.."
suddenly his voice is soft, gently rubbing your back.

you try and calm down a bit.

"i'm totally okay, i promise."

you nod, larry roughly patting your back.

"hey! well as long as sal forgives you i will too!"

"yeah, and you said that you were new, i know how you feel. i was new too."

"...really?"

you look up at the boy, who slowly nods.

"you totally aren't as bitchy and preppy as you make out to be, just a big baby."
Larry loudly laughs, nudging your shoulder.

you can only laugh back through a raw voice, lightly punching his shoulder.

"so, you said you have no friends, would you like to be our friends?"

you stare surprised at Sal, he wants to be your friend?
even after all of this?

you nod, smiling brightly at the two.

"that... that would be wonderful."