-9-

you had soon after left Sals house to start on your daily chores, then after you all agreed to hang out with larry. because you really had nothing else to do.

but first you had to ask one of your neighbours to watch pepper- Sal had suggested a metalhead named David who lived on the fourth floor.

maybe you will run into chug on the way up.

you wave to Lisa while entering the elevator, bumping into the green haired boy himself.

"Oh hey Chug!"

"Hey (y/n)! how are you?"

you smile turning around.

"i'm doing good you?"

"good- ah, see you later!"
he calls while the elevator doors close.

what a pure little boy.

Loud rock music can be heard through the door of 402. with pepper at your side you knock as loudly as you can.

the music turns down slightly and the door opens to reveal a rather lanky dark- skinned man.

his hair was a fire red and he smiled brightly at you.

"Oh hey there girlie! what's up?"
he questions, a cheery tone in his voice.

"uh, Sal said you liked dogs-"

before you could finish your sentence he notices Pepper.

with a quick gasp he bends down and starts to shower the dog in pets and kisses.

"ohmygod your such a cute little fucker ain't ya??"

Robert, stared up at you, quickly standing back up and laughing lightly.

"yeah.. i do really like dogs- Say, why did you bring them here?"

"well i'm going to be out today doing chores and i was wondering if you could watch him for me?"

Roberts face lit up, like a child's when given a treat.

"l would absolutely love to! what's his name? any allergies? does he like other dogs?? can i take him out for a walk?"

"His name is pepper, no and yeah he's really friendly. and of course! thank you."

"no problem! you can drop this cutie off with me whenever. i'm normally home."

he leads the dog in, bids you a goodbye and closes the door.

is everyone in this apartment so quirky? it's amazing!

you skip back into the elevator, deciding to get ready to go grocery shopping.

there's still that winter chill in the air, so you decided to put on a long red plaid skirt and a black turtleneck, slipping on your back combat heels.

you look edgier than you normally do today, so you decided to put your hair up in a loose bun and add some light makeup, to try and look a bit more approachable.

you left the house, robins egg purse in hand. Gransma Carol had left you money and a list, -albeit it was mostly baking supplies- you will just need to find the grocery store.

the grocery store was an odd adventure, on your walk you were followed by a couple of cats, then a small child just appeared.
it was a little boy from what you assumed, with white blonde hair and electric green eyes.
he must've been no older than four.
he said his name was Malcom

now here you are, with the boy on your shoulders finishing up your shopping.

weirdly enough, customer service told you to just.. hold on to the boy for awhile? until someone came?
you definitely didn't trust them. so you decided it be fit to take him to the police.