-10-

When Ash said Larry loves kids, you took it lightly.

you didn't expect him to LOVE kids.

"oh no! you've hit me! aarrgshhh"

Larry moaned, hitting the ground with a thud, a Styrofoam sword wedged between his arms.

"Victory!!"

Malcom yelled, jumping around the room exidedly.

"not just yet- because i have resurrected- AS THE TICKLE MONSTER!"

Malcom let's out a loud shriek as the tall boy chases after him, his fingers wiggling in a tickle motion.

you were sitting inbetween Ash and Sal, who were talking about Ash's weekend.
which mostly consisted of her babysitting surprisingly.

you couldn't really relate because you were an only child, but you think a little sibling would be nice.
other than basically raising them, from what you experienced with one of your friends.

how weird- when a child is given one of their own, expected to raise. yet they are considered too immature to be free, or love who they must.

but you decide to stop thinking about that, and be more in the moment.

you tend to think things too much- silly girl.

Larry is having the time of his life in the corner, unsurprisingly Malcom is beginning to get hungry.

damn, larry is energetic. as chill as he seems this boy just isn't running out.

"Should we make dinner?"
you question the two, both nodding.
"Yeah, but Lisa won't be home until later tonight. what would we even make?"
Sal is right, neither of you know what children eat?

but Ashley comes in to save the day!

"oh, some bananas and soft carrots would work for him, or small cereal. i always babysit babies! hence the name."
Ash laughed

you stared up at the girl like she was some kind of goddess, a light flush to your face.

"oh my god- you are my guardian angel!"

you quickly hugged the girl, then ran into Larry's cupboard, grabbing some fruit loops and carrots.

Ash helped you,
while sal started boiling some noodles for the older kids dinner.

you were able to easily steam the carrots and mashed them up, setting them in front of the boy.

"Good luck."
Sal turned his head toward you, adding the spaghetti into some sauce.

Malcom seemed fairly defiant toward the orange goopy clump, even larry couldn't get him to eat it.

but then you had an idea.

as sal was setting the table you grabbed yourself a bowl, setting it in front of the boy.

"Do you like races?"

Malcom lit up and the word, nodding his head quickly.

"how about, i race you on finishing this meal. and the winner gets dessert !"

"Dessert!"
Malcolm yelled, and the both of you dug into your food, the boy seemingly more messy than you.

"Sal, this is delicious! how did you even make it?"

"oh, it's my fathers recipe."
Sal sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.
"yeah, he's like, a perfect wife. no hosist."
Larry commented, causing Ash to look over.
"What's Hosist?"
"No homo/incest"
Larry beamed, causing you to place your forehead into your palm.

"DONE!!"
Malcolm shrieked, loudly enough to break everyone's eardrums

you rubbed your pinkie into your ear, smiling at the boys empty bowl.

"Awe shucks, looks like you have totally beaten me! would you like dessert?"

Malcom nodded, while the teens all talked at the table.

you left to get the fruit loops, giving the boy a handful.
he quickly digs into it, eating it in a matter of seconds.

"Fuck, that kid can eat."
"Shh! Larry, language!"
Both Ash and you spoke in unison, gently hitting the boy.

"damn, sorry little dude-"
everyone turned to Malcolm, who was out cold. face planted right on the table.

you giggle, gently picking him up. when you turn everyone seems to slowly be getting sleepier and sleepier too.

"wanna all watch a movie?"

Sal suggested, to which everyone nodded, following him into larry's room.

you laid on your side, Malcom still clutching onto your turtleneck.

In front of you laid Larry, behind you Ash and sal laid above you, all of you watching the newest horror movie, Scream.
it came out this december, and all of you were VERY exited to watch it. but even Larry couldn't stay awake, finding yourself being pulled into the sweet embrace of the bed.

gently clutching onto the small boy, in a motherlike embrace, you let yourself fall asleep.

"Only children can hear us, for their brains have not developed enough to lock out voices out."

There she stand, petting your hair.

oh how you used to love her touch, her fingers though your hair.

"Poor Malcom. you should probably find him before it's too late."

Malcom?

she leads you through the darkness, the little boy appearing in front of a little girl, with dark purple hair and large bug eyes.

"five, five zero four."

what does she mean, who's Malcom talking to??

"Five, Five Zero Four."

your mother repeats, but louder.

"FIVE, FIVE, ZERO, FOUR."

she starts screaming, her sentence repeating like a broken record.

you awaken, Scream quietly playing in the background.

both larry and ash hold onto you with death grips, while Sal curls around your head, hands beside your ears.

they are going to hurt you-

it took you a second to realize everyone was asleep and calm down.

no, their not.

but there's an empty space,

Malcom's Gone