-13-

you slipped Malcolm's freshly washed clothes over his body, brushing his platinum blonde hair.

"where are we going?"

"to the police station sweetie."

"why?"

"because you need to go home to your mother."

the little boy frowns.
"no. i don't go."

you plant a soft kiss onto his head, smiling down at him.
"this isn't goodbye forever, Malcom. i'm sure i will see you again."

you have become quite attached to the tiny boy, and it breaks your heart to see him leave.

such an innocent little soul, not yet tainted by the world and it's heinous ways.
you really do hope to see him again.

your skirt and turtle neck were smelly, from you wearing them all day long; and Larry offered to lend you some of his stuff. you insisted to just go home but he insisted that you just wear the damn clothes.
so now here you are, in an oversized Sanity's Fall t-shirt tucked into a pair of Ash's high wasted jeans.
but oh no, sal threw his old plaid jacked over your shoulders because he didn't want you to be cold.

honestly, you were quite happy with how it looked, but you had no idea why everyone had to pitch in with your clothing. you literally lived a hop, skip and a jump away.

it was a fairly quick walk to the police station, that was thankfully open. who the heck closes s police office on Sundays?

with a great heave, you pushed the doors of the police office open, the warm air hitting you in the face.

"Hello ma'am! how can i assist you today?"

the receptionist stares up at you, with large brown eyes. her dark fingers tapping furiously onto a blocky keyboard.

how is she even doing that..?

"uh.. i found this child yesterday, and i don't know who his mother is. his names Malcom-"

"what do you mean you didn't find him??" a young woman bursts out of a door, following an officer.

"i'm sorry miss, but we searched the entirety of the town for him, but he was nowhere to be found."

before she could speak again, her head snapped toward you two.

instantly she started sobbing, picking Malcom up and hugging him tightly.

"oh goodness- my baby!"

she caressed the boys head, her words a jumbled mess.

"oh thank you! your my guardian angel!"

the woman then hugged you, kissing your cheek.

you ignored the urge to drop. she means no harm.

"w-where did you find him?"

"just in the streets yesterday, i took him in after i found out the office was closed.."

you rub the back of your neck.

"your such a sweet young woman! thank you so much for taking him in! i don't know what i would've done with myself if he had gotten hurt."

the woman is obviously very startled.

"I'm Dianne by the way, you are?"

she grabs your hand, shaking it.
"(y/n)-"

"oh (Y/n) is an absolutely beautiful name! a name fit for such an angel. oh my goodness gracious- i owe you my everything! please, we must meet up and have lunch sometime!" she leaves with Malcom, who was reaching out toward your form.

you can feel your throat start to get that familiar soreness, tears welling in your eyes.

god, don't be such a crybaby.

you tell yourself as you stand there sniveling like a little babe.

you- you will really miss the boy.

you stand outside a finilliar door, rock music loudly blazing from inside.

you gently knock, but then you realize that
maybe knocking won't be enough..

slowly surely all of the locks on the metal heads door unlock, and the wood is swung open.

"Ah! (Y/n)! i was just dancing with Pepper!"

Robert loudly states, probably somewhat deaf from his music.

pepper rounds the corner, panting heavily.

"awe, your here to take him back, aren't you?"

you slowly nod and he sighs.

"yeah.. well.. always know that my door is wide open for you two! i'm always happy to take care of your little angel."

angel is a.. frequently used word today isn't it?

you let out a light laugh, Pepper trotting to your side; knowing the drill.

"i already took him out on a walk, so you won't need to worry."

you laugh, but Robert makes no try for small talk, closing the door.

rude, but understood.
as you walk Pepper back to your apartment, you think about the eccentric man.

he definitely seems to value his own company, maybe he is very outgoing with his friends? you do hope to become more acquainted.

"Ah! Miss (Y/n), dear. would you fancy some tea?"

as soon as you step foot into the ground floor Mr. Addisons door swings open, a skinny arm offering you tea.

"oh.. uh okay? what brings you to tempt me with your tea?"

"well, i was just wondering when dear Carol was coming back, we are long overdue for our weekly tea party! i do rather miss her and her intimidating lover."

he.. he knows?

"You know about them?"

"oh yes! i was Carols best friend since middle school! she never left my side, even when i made the decision to stay in this room during my early teenage hood. oh how romantic she can be! her stories simply amaze me."

"that's.. honestly adorable! i didn't know the two of you dated that far back!"

"yes, yes of course!"

"well, she should be back late today. i will inform her that your waiting for a party!"

you gently take the mans tea, and turn on your heel toward your apartment.

"Goodbye Mr. Addison!"

"Good-day!"

you pause, your short lived journey halting to an end.

you stare at the door, a chill running up your spine.

you slowly kick the door open, expecting the worse.

but surprisingly, you are met with... an unusually perfect apartment.

everything looks dusted to perfection, sparkling even. not a frame out of place..

though- there's a one thing- no a couple of things missing.

your grandmothers crosses and rosaries.

Grandma mabel wasn't very religious, but she certainly believed in a higher power. so she always kept a little bit of each religion in the house 'just to be safe.'

even weirder, her protection crystals, were shattered.
a mess of rose quarts lay on the windowsill, looking horribly sharp.

something definitely isn't right.. you don't know what but you know it's there-

you were too deep in thought to notice the click in the door, and the shriek of a certain Athletic grandmother.
"mY CRYSTALS!"