Ch. 3

I'm a week into school and surprisingly it hasn't been that bad besides this one group of guys, who just so happen to be in most of my classes. The 'ring leader' of the group is named Gage, and on the third day of school he asked me out. Obviously I turned him down! I don't even know him yet, and the first thing he even said to me was 'damn Lexi you're fine as fuck, wanna go out.' I'm sorry, but that's just not very flattering to me!

Since I turned him down, him and his whole friend group have been messing with me on and off, and keep calling me lesbian. I mean, their half way right I guess. But I'm apparently lesbian because I turned Gage down? The guy thinks too highly of himself. Besides their shenanigans everything else has been pretty good. I actually made two friends, which is all I need! Veronica, who is the girl I met in Mrs. Moore's class on the first day of school and Caleb, who I met through Veronica.

I've also been noticing Mrs. Moore staring at me several times a week. Whether I'm in her class, in the hall, or at lunch, I always catch her eyes to be in my direction. I wish I could ask her why she's always staring at me, but I feel like that would make things weird. Maybe I'm just paranoid and think she's looking at me, when in reality she's probably not. I don't know, it's probably not even a big deal.

The bell for second period rings, making me and all the other students get up from our desks and make our way into the halls. I quickly walk down the stairs and make my way to my locker before heading to Mrs. Moore's class. As I put in my locker combination I hear a voice behind me. "Heyyyoooo Lexi! Wanna go out for some froyo tonight with Caleb and me" Veronica says, showing off her pearly white teeth with a smile planted on her face.

"Sure what time and where at" I respond as I grab my English binder and close my locker. Veronica and I walk side by side as we enter Mrs. Moore's class room. "Yogurt city, at 7 tonight" she replies as we both take our seats at our desks. I see Mrs. Moore sitting at her desk, and accidentally make eye contact with her. She gives me a smile but I look away trying not to make it awkward. "Yeah, yogurt city tonight at 7, sounds fun! Can you give me a ride?" I ask knowing my grandparents most likely won't drive me there, and well, I have no car to drive myself there. "Of course! Caleb and you can both ride with me." "Great" I smile just as Mrs. Moore gets the classes attention.

"Hello everybody! Aren't you all glad it's Friday!" Mrs. Moore says with enthusiasm in her voice. The class roars with a bunch of voices cheering about the weekend finally being here. "I've graded all your papers that you turned in the other day, and I'll say that most of the grades were really good. So most of you are starting the year off right" she smiles and continues "I'll hand them out to you at the end of class."

Class goes by as Mrs. Moore talks about a book we are going to start reading called, To Kill A Mocking Bird. She babbles on about how many times she has read the book and says we will be having a test on it after we finish reading it. She even lets us know that every night we will have to read a chapter of the book for homework, which isn't a problem for me since I love to read. As for the other students, most of them groaned as she told us that reading will be apart of our homework every night.

Mrs. Moore checks her watch that's sitting on her wrist and makes a face, as if she is thinking about something. "Since I've gone over everything I planned to go over today, you guys can talk, but quietly please, and I'll hand back your essays" she grabs the stack of essays that are on her desks, then walks to the middle of the room. Immediately as she finishes saying what she had to say, all the students turn to their friends and begin talking about their weekend plans.

Curious about how much longer we have in class I check the time on my phone. We have about six minutes until the bell rings. I'm so hungry I wish we had lunch next, but I still gotta go through one more class before I can get my hands on any food. "So hows your grandpa" Veronica, says taking my attention away from my phone and bringing it to her. "Oh he's a lot better thankfully. I'm so glad it was nothing serious." My grandpa had been sick with a cold for the past few days, which always worries me whenever he gets sick.