Ch. 9

Riley forcefully pushes me towards the passengers side of her car and tells me to get in. Seeing her so angry makes me shiver and become nervous. She gets in on the drivers side and slams the door. "What the hell is wrong with you. I could get fired if anyone from school heard that" she yells. "What the hell is wrong with you. You made me fuck you then ghosted me. Seriously, is that something you do with every student?" I set my grocery bags down and cross my arms.

"Don't even say it like that, because I didn't make you do anything. You're the one that did it all. I tried stopping you." I make a confused face as I try to think back to that night. No matter how hard I try to think, I can't remember what all went down. "But why have you been ignoring me" I ask in a softer voice.

Riley relaxes herself, "because it was a mistake and I'm too scared to get caught. I can't afford to lose my job over this, and it's wrong to do this to my husband." So she's the one that started it but ends up saying it's a mistake? I avoid making eye contact with her and scoff, "well you could have at least gave me a heads up that you weren't going to give me rides anymore. I got yelled at this morning because of you and i'm already in enough trouble as it is."

"I'm sorry, I thought you would have known" Riley replies in a calm voice. I look at her fragile body as her face grows to an almost saddened look. "Cause I totally read minds" I say sarcastically. "Okay hold the sarcasm please" she says in an annoyed voice. "I have every right to be sarcastic" I open the car door and get out, grabbing all my bags. "I don't know what I was expecting, but you really shouldn't lead people on" and with that I slam her car door.

I start walking my 15 minute walk back home in anger and annoyance. The last thing I said to Riley plays on loop in my head. I really don't know what I was expecting from her. She's married and my teacher, nothing serious was going to happen between us anyways.

As I finish my walk home I see both my grandparents cars in the driveway. Let's hope they aren't in a bad mood today because if they are and decide to snap at me, then i'll snap right back. When i'm upset I tend to become very moody towards everyone i'm around.

Next morning

Riley's/Mrs. Moore's POV

After getting hardly any sleep last night from being so stressed, I pour myself my morning cup of coffee and make my way to the school after getting dressed. The traffic is a little busy since everyone is on their way to work and school but I don't mind. The more traffic there is, the more time it will take me to get to school, and if i'm going to be honest, I really don't want to go to the school today.

I pull into the schools parking lot and park my car, checking to see what time it is. 7:10am reads out across my radio screen. I let out a small sigh and open my car door then get out. I don't usually go into the school till 7:15am but going in five minutes early won't hurt. Maybe I can go ahead and write out the assignment I have planned for my first period class, on the board.

When I get in front of my classroom door I take out my keys so I can unlock it. As I open the door I look down and see my foot on top of some pictures. A confused look takes over my face, but I bend down to pick the pictures up. "Oh my god" I say and look all around me to see if anyone is around. I quickly get inside my classroom and shut the door.

As I scan the pictures with my eyes I walk over to my desk. Who could have taken these? I didn't even see anyone take the pictures last night. I feel a sticky note on the back of one of the picture and take it off so I can read it.

Hello Mrs. Moore. How would you feel about me showing these picture to Mr. Kunkel, or even to the whole school? I'm sure everyone would be surprised to see Lexi and you together outside of school. Meet me at Polo's diner in the next town over so we can have a little talk. Blow me off, and I'll put the pictures all around the school. I'll even let you bring your little Lexi with you. So, Polo's diner at 9:00pm tonight. See you then.