Ch. 7

It's Friday which means school has been pretty chill for the most part. We haven't been assigned to do too much work thankfully. Word is going around that there's a party tonight and Veronica and Caleb keep insisting that I go with them. I planned to have a restful weekend but they said there will be alcohol so I'm down. I'd never turn alcohol, that shit always makes any situation ten times better.

"Remember I'm picking you up at eight and Caleb will meet us there" Veronica says as we both stuff our binders into our lockers. "Okay, see you then" I say as I shut my locker door. "Bye" Veronica waves as I plot ways from her to go home. As I walk out the school the sunlight hurts my eyes from being so bright. I take my sunglasses out of my book bag and put them on, and stuff my earbuds into my ears. My phone beeps, making my music fade out.

Riley: Don't walk home! I'll drive you. I just saw you walk off from your locker but was talking with another student so I couldn't stop you in time.

A smile makes way onto my face. I turn around and go back into the school and walk straight towards Riley's classroom. As I stand in the door way her back is facing me and I watch as she gathers her things. She grabs her purse and looks down at her phone. "I hope she saw the text" she mumbles. "If you're talking about me then yes I saw it" I say making Riley turn around almost in shock. "You didn't reply" she says walking over to me. "Haha sorry."

We walk out of the school together and to Riley's car. She starts driving towards my house and asks what I'm doing this weekend. "I'm going to a party together with Veronica and Caleb, but other than that I don't know. How about you?" I ask. "My husband is away on a business trip so I'll probably just stay home and be lazy" she laughs.

Within a few minutes we arrive at my house and we say our goodbyes. I thank her for driving me home and tell her I'll see her on Monday. As I walk into my house I realize neither my grandmother or grandfather is here and immediately go up to my room. I search my closet for something nice to wear to the party tonight.

Hours go by and I get a text from Veronica saying that she's here. I rush down the stairs and say goodbye to my grandparents. "Love you guys, and I might stay at Veronica's house tonight. I'll text you sometime later tonight" I say as I walk out the door. As I get in Veronica's car she automatically throws a compliment at me. "Girl you look hot" she says making me blush.

As we walk into the house the party is at we automatically smell the smell of weed and alcohol. "Shit dude, we are about to get fucked up" Veronica looks back at me as she grabs my hand and leads us both through the crowd of people that are dancing. She takes us straight to the kitchen and stops in front of a table with loads shots sitting on it. She hands me a shot and says "on three. one...two...three" and we chug the shot down.

Veronica takes my hand again and leads me out to the crowd of people dancing. "C'mon Lexi! Let loose a little and dance with me." I smile but out of embarrassment since she realized how shy I am about dancing in front of all these people. "What's up bitches" I feel a hand slam on my shoulder, making me instantly turn around. "Hey Caleb" I smile and eye the alcohol he has in his hands.

"Guess what I've got" he yells over the music to Veronica and I. We look at him with a what!? facial expression. "I got us all a joint" he smirks and pulls out three rolled up joints. How the fuck did he even manage to get that? How much did he pay for that! "Fuck yeah" Veronica and I both say at the same time. "Well what are we waiting for, let's go get high as fuck" Veronica says, leading Caleb and I to the backyard.

We each light our joints and start smoking. God I've missed this. I haven't done this since I was back at home. My real home. I used to get high all the time. It was one of the ways I dealt with all the shit that was going on in my life. "Here ya go, have some. I can't finish this by myself" Caleb holds out his cup of fruit punch that's mixed with alcohol. "I already know I'll wake up feeling like shit tomorrow, but it'll be worth it" I smile and take a sip from his cup.