The Sparrow Tavern

Piper came home from work to a clean and quiet house. This was definitely a rare experience. The clean part she was always thrilled with, but definitely out of the ordinary. While Alex was absolutely perfect in her eyes, the only thing that got on her nerves was how unorganized the woman could be at times. She wasn't a slob by any means, but she never noticed the little things out of place like Piper did. Piper Chapman always craved order, most of the time a little too much. Coming home to a perfectly spotless house was one of the cutest things that her wife could've done for her.

The blonde hung her keys on the key hook by the door and set down her purse, before glancing around at the living room. Their New York apartment was barely big enough to fit their grey L shaped couch, that she'd gotten from pottery barn, and the kitchen was practically on top of it. Somehow, everything looked perfect. Everything was in it's place. "Al?" Piper called out, tilting her head to the side. Typically if Alex wasn't going to be home when Piper got out of work, she would've let her know. "Alex? Are you here?" She made her way around the apartment, which didn't take long, before slipping into their bedroom. Seeing that her wife wasn't in there, her attention focused on their bed. Laying on the linen duvet was a beautiful new dress, a pair of heels, and a note. Piper chuckled at the thought that Alex had picked the outfit so that she wouldn't wear one of her old-lady-dresses that she always made fun of. Still, her heart was so incredibly full at the gesture. Alex Vause, a romantic. She scooped up the note into her hands and scanned the page quickly, her heart melting at the sentiment.

Piper,

I spent most of the day today thinking about how incredibly grateful I am for you, about how lucky I am to spend the rest of my life with a woman as beautiful as you. Tonight is your night, you deserve it. Get ready and meet me at The Sparrow Tavern in Astoria at 6:30.

I heart you, Al.

Piper held the letter to her chest and closed her eyes, amazed at how sweet and thoughtful her wife had been. She thought back to Larry and how nothing like this would've ever crossed his mind. She really had gotten so lucky. Lucky that the love of her life had sold her out for a shot at a shorter sentence, but she was so incredibly thankful that she had. Her mind flashed back to their last experience at The Sparrow. It was crazy to think it had been fifteen years already. Fifteen years since Alex tore apart her resume upon first meeting her. Fifteen years since she'd made fun of her drink order. Fifteen years since she'd stolen her heart, and it had all taken place in that bar. Her heart fluttered and her eyes filled with tears. Alex had remembered. Never in her life had anyone been so thoughtful.

Piper hurried to get ready. She wanted to look incredible for her girl, but she also wanted to not look too good. She wanted to make sure that they could make it through the night without Alex fucking her on the table. The blonde chuckled at the thought and shook her head. It seemed like Alex intended for this to be a special, romantic night, but that had never stopped Alex Vause before. They'd been a lot more wild back in the day, and Alex had fucked her anywhere and everywhere. Still, she knew her wife wouldn't hesitate if given the opportunity. Piper slipped into the dress her wife had picked out for her and glanced at herself up and down in the mirror. Alex had made a fantastic choice. The black dress hugged Piper in all the right places, all of Alex's favorite places, and it fit her like it had been made especially for her. She looked good. Really good. She put on a little bit of makeup and adjusted her hair, before rushing out of their apartment as fast as she could. They hadn't been on an actual date since Alex had gotten out. Piper had a nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach, and a big smile plastered across her face. Alex Vause still gave her butterflies; even as her wife, even fifteen years later. She felt as though it was their first date all over again, except this time she was already completely, madly, undeniably in love with the woman she was meeting.

Piper closed the building door behind her and rushed down the street towards the subway station on the corner. She nearly tripped down the stairs as she was going so fast, but she didn't dare take off her heels and touch the floor of the subway. Piper scanned her metro card through the slot, groaning as the screen in front of her read error. She didn't have time for this. Well, she did, but she was so eager to get to the bar. So eager to see her wife. Her unlimited metro pass never ran out of money, but the subway system was so fucked up sometimes. She tried 4 more times before it finally worked, and she quickly turned the metal bar to be able to get through. The N train ran every few minutes, but it felt like it was taking years to get there. She wasn't sure what had her so excited, so ready to get to Alex but she was basically bouncing up and down in anticipation. Alex was a tough woman on the outside. She'd put up so many walls that only Piper had managed to break down. Inside, she was incredibly thoughtful. She was so soft and kind hearted, especially for her Piper. The blonde took a deep breath and smiled once again. She had no idea what Alex had in store for her, but she was so ready.