"Don't judge me!"

December 20th
Christmas had never been a significant time of year for me. As movie producers, my parents were never home to celebrate. I spent my Christmases alone, at home binge watching movies and devouring snacks.
I had about two friends, Mikayla and Lucy. Mikayla had left Vancouver and moved to Chicago. That left Lucy and I. Lucy was great but, unlike me, she was an extrovert. She'd go to parties while I sat at home alone.
I liked my couch potato lifestyle. Every now and then, I would have to go to business dinners with my mom and dad though.

I got up at 10 am and made my way to the pantry. "Noo, we're out of cereal", I whispered to myself.
I put on some shoes and a coat over my pyjamas and walked to the nearest supermarket. Vancouver was cold in December. The glacial air drifted through my hair as I wrapped my scarf around my neck.

I filled my cart with 2 boxes of popcorn, hot coco powder, 2 cartons of milk, chips and cookies and a few boxes of cereal along with some Xmas DVDs.
I headed to the cashier and she checked out my items.
While I waited, I cought this guy staring at me. He had chestnut colored hair and the widest grin. He chuckled to himself which caused me to turn around. He was staring at my cart.

The guy: You sure you have enough food?
He said playfully. To be honest he was pretty cute.
Y/n: Hey, don't judge me!
We both giggled.
The guy: I would never. To be honest, I'm sorta jealous.
I glanced at his shopping cart. He had red, green and golden tinsel, some LED Xmas lights, Santa hats and a snow globe.
The guy: I'm on decorating duty.
He shrugged.
Y/n: Yeah, I figured.
The cashier handed me my bag of groceries and I handed her a 20$ bill. She gave me my change and moved on to the next customer.
Y/n: Bye
The guy: Bye