"Cheese!"

Time skip brought to you by my lack of sleep

Dylan's P.O.V

Its been 3 days since Christmas day. I was so happy that Y/n liked my gift. I was so excited to see her at Neil's party. I got out of bed, got dressed and went for a walk in the park.

It was a beautiful sunny winter day. The blue sky had a couple of soft white clouds. A chilly breeze caressed my cheeks.

Families were having picnics, toddlers were playing on the damp grass. The circular lawn was outlined by waist-high  bushes and small trees. I roamed around the park feeling a sudden boost of confidence. I was about to head to the churro stand when I spotted a familiar figure in the distance.

Y/n! She was leaning against a tree at the other end of the park. She was scribbling in a A5 notebook. She was too absorbed in her scribbling to notice me walking towards her. She was listening to music through her white earphones. I nervously fixed my hair and straightened my black hoodie.
I was about 10 feet away when I stopped. Should I do this? What if she doesn't want to see me. She seems busy. I looked at her. God she was pretty. Her h/c glistened in the sun. I was about to chicken out and walk away when she looked up.

Y/n: oh hey, Dylan. I didn't see you there.
She patted the grass besides her indicating me to sit down.

Dylan: oh yeah, I saw you and thought i'd say hi.

I sat and glanced at her notebook.

Dylan: I didn't know you could draw

Y/n: oh, trust me, I can't.

Dylan: well I love your sketch

Y/n: thanks, you can have it if you want.

Dylan: Really!?!

Y/n: yeah

She ripped the page out and handed it to me. I opened my bag and cautiously slipped the page in a book.

Y/n: thank you so much for the gifts

Dylan: oh yeah. Your welcome.

She put her notebook in her backpack and got out a poorly wrapped box. She handed it to me.

Y/n: open it!

I tore the pink wrapping paper to reveal a cute turtle plushie.

Dylan: Awww. Thank you so much. It's so cute.

Y/n: I was at toys r us (RIP) and it made me think of you.

Dylan: why were you at toys r us?
I giggled.

Y/n: Don't ask
She chuckled.

My heart instantly melted. She had the cutest laugh.

We stared into each other's eyes for what felt like hours. Then Avi arrived.

Avi: Hey Dylan! Oh and who is this?

Dylan: Avi this is Y/n, Y/n this is Avi.

Avi: Lovely to meet you Y/n. Dylan has told me so much about y... I mean... No.

I shot Avi a death glare halfway through her sentence. I peeked at Y/n, her cheeks were flushed red and so were mine.

Y/n: You guys want to go to the playground.

Avi: yeah

Dylan: great idea.

We got our made our way across the park and played for hours. Pushing each other on the swings, going down the slide, climbing the monkey bars. Avi and Y/n got along really well.

Avi had to go meet some friends so we all decide to go home. Before leaving the park, Y/n snapped a quick picture with her Polaroid. I decided to walk Y/n to her neighborhood. We were halfway there when she stopped me.

Dylan: what? Are you ok?

Y/n: yes, but this is a great picture. Stand still and say "Cheese".

Dylan: hehe CHEESE!!

Y/n: great!

She shoved her Polaroid back in her bag. A cold breeze made her hair fly back and she shivered.

Dylan: oh wait

I unwrapped the scarf off my neck and wrapped it on hers. Our faces were inches apart. I felt myself blush and she was too.

Dylan: Better?

Y/n: much better

Oof I'm sorry this was so long. But I found it sorta cute