Getting ready

Dylan's P.O.V.

31st of December. Last day of the year.

I slept in until 11 am. Today was Neil's party. The party started at 6. Neil said a car would pick me up at 5:30. I hadn't told Y/n that "my friend Neil" was actually Neil Patrick Harris. I decided to tell her before the party. I spent most of my  day facetiming my family.

At around 4, I started getting ready. The invite said to dress casual. I went to my wardrobe and picked an outfit. It was a navy blue buttoned shirt tucked in some lack jeans. I tried it on and looked in the mirror.

 I tried it on and looked in the mirror

It would do. I then fixed my hair.

I winked at my reflection and clicked my tongue

I winked at my reflection and clicked my tongue. I sat on the couch downstairs, waiting for the car.

I had thought about how I felt. I was sure, I liked Y/n as more than a friend. I mean, how could I not? She was breathtaking. But me liking her wouldn't change the fact that she didn't like me back. I mean, what would she see in me? I wear a black hoodie 24/7, my hair is always messy. Compared to her, I was boring.
I wanted nothing more than to ask her out on a date. But I would just end up getting rejected. It would mess up our friendship. I didn't want to lose her.

At 5:22, I heard a car engine getting closer and closer. I opened to the door to reveal a glossy black limo in my driveway. It had tinted windows and initials engraved on the far right of the windshield: N.P.H.

Neil and David really went all out. I got in the indiscreet vehicle. There were 2 rows of four seats facing each other. Malina was already inside.

Malina: Dylan!!

Dylan: Hey, Mal
You look nice.

Next stop was Louis's house.

Louis: Hey guys!

Malina & Dylan: Louis!!!

After Louis was Kitana.

Kitana: Are you ready to partaayy!!

Louis, Dylan & Mal: Yassss!

Two stops were left Avi and Y/n. We stopped at Avi's place and honked.

Avi: Hey guys!!

Kitana: Hey Avi

Dylan: Ok guys, next stop is Y/n's house.
I want you guys to act cool or natural.

They all nodded.

Dylan: I mean it!

Kitana: ok mom. But are you gonna kiss her at midnight?

I have never been kissed before. Even though, Violet and Quigley kissed in asoue, Malina and I didn't have to.

Dylan: We're just friends.

Avi: Didn't seem that way at the park.

Malina: ooh spill.

Dylan: No, Avi, don't "spill"

Louis: Guys! Shut up! We're here.

We rolled up to her house. She was sitting on the curb. Sketching the sunset over the hill. God she was pretty.