Neil's party (part 1)

31st December

Your P.O.V.

I got up late and watched Netflix until 2 pm.
I took a shower and washed my hair. I then went to my wardrobe to pick out an outfit. Dylan told me to dress casual. I had 2 choices.

Outfit 1:

Outfit 2:

Outfit 2:

I finally chose outfit (your choice)

I finally chose outfit (your choice). I went to my dresser and brushed my hair. I usually don't wear makeup. But I quickly applied some lip gloss.

It was about 5 o'clock and Dylan said he'd pick me up at 5:40. I sat on the curb and started to sketch the sunset hill. As I drew, I thought of Dylan.

I wasn't sure if I liked him. I didn't have many friends and didn't want to mess up our relationship. I mean, he was cute and funny, oh and so sweet. It was probably nothing more than a slight schoolgirl crush.

I was thinking about my feelings when a limo pulled up in my driveway. Dylan rolled down the black window. God he was cute. I definitely like him.

I put my notebook in my bag and got in the limosine. I was expecting a Toyota not a black limo. The inside was extremely glamorous. There were already 5 people in the car (plus the driver). I only recognised Dylan and Avi.
I sat in between Avi and an other curly haired boy.

Dylan: Guys meet Y/n

Y/n: Hi!

Louis: Nice to meet you, I'm Louis.

Malina: you weren't kidding when you said she was pretty.

My face flushed a deep red and so did Dylan's. I could feel him mentally facepalming.

Malina: Oh, I'm Malina.

I smiled shyly.

Dylan: You know Avi. This is Kitana.

I waved to Kitana.

Y/n: I got to say. I wasn't expecting a limo.  Your friend must be really rich.

Kitana: why would the one and only Neil Patrick Harris spare any expense.

My heart skipped a beat as my eyes widened.

Y/n: wait your so called "friend" is Neil Patrick Harris!

Dylan: yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you.

I calmed down after a while.

Y/n: so how did you guys all meet?

Avi: we all star in this show.

Y/n: oh, really? What show?

Louis: A series of unfortunate events.

Y/n: oh, yeah. I heard about it.

We finally arrived to the mansion. It was about 6:10.

Louis rang the doorbell.
Neil opened and greeted us.

Neil: so glad you all could make it!

Kitana: thank you for inviting us.

Neil: Oh and you must be Y/n.

He stared at me warmly and shook my hand.

Y/n: Uh... I got you something.

I unzipped my bag, got out a box of chocolates and handed it to him.

Neil: thank you very much, Y/n.
Please come inside.

The five of us steeped inside the huge mansion. A man in a suit walked towards us.

David: nice to see you guys again and welcome Y/n. I'm Neil's husband, David.

We shook hands.

David: dinner should be ready soon. Come say hi to the kids.

The couple led us into the living room. Two kids were playing near the sofa.

(Here's a pic in case you don't know them)

Neil: Children, say hi.

Gideon and Parker: Hi!!!

Us: Hello!

Malina, Louis and I played with the children while Dylan, Kitana and Avi talked on the  sofa.

Neil: Dinner's ready!

We all headed to the table and sat in our assigned seats. David, Neil, Gideon, Parker and Kitana on one side. Malina, Avi, Louis, Dylan and I on the other. Two waiters arrived with salads. We then moved on the main course: a cheese and potato "gratin". While we were devouring the savoury meal, Neil asked Dylan a question.

Neil: So, are you and Y/n dating?

Our faces both turned pink. I wiggled uncomfortably in my seat. I was going to ask to go to the bathroom when Louis saved the day.

Louis: uh.. no they're just friends.

We sighed in releif. I gave Louis a look saying "Thank you".

We finished dinner at 8 pm.

David: So the plan is: we are going to have dinner in half an hour. Neil and I thought it we would try to stay up until 12. To see the fireworks. You guys can try too if you want to.

Gideon and Parker: WE WANT TO!!!

Us: US TOO!!