"I love you"

Your P.O.V.

It broke my heart rejecting Dylan. I wanted nothing more than to be with him again. I miss him so much. However, I can't ignore the pain he caused me. I'll be better off without him.

As I walked away from him in the parking my lot, I heard him fall to the ground and start crying. It broke my heart. I ran home and cried some more. I had to be strong. I had to get over him. I took a short nap.

At around 5, the doorbell woke me up. I wiped my eyes and opened the door. Dylan. Just the sight of him made me want to cry. He was holding a bouquet in his left hand. His eyes were slightly red. He had a hopeful look on his face. I bit my lip.

Dylan: Y/n, these past weeks have been hell for me. I've tried to move on. I've tried to let you go. I've tried living without you. But the truth is that, I can't. I need you.

I bit my lip harder, staring into his sorrowful eyes. My vision started getting blurry.

Y/n: D-D-Dylan... I can't. I j-just can't. I've moved on. A-and you have to too.

An excruciating pain flooded my body. His bottom lip started shaking. I looked away, I couldn't bare seeing him like this.

"Goodbye, Dylan", I whisper under my breath. I stepped back inside and close the door, leaving him on my porch. I sat on the floor, leaning against the door. I heard a quite sob from outside. Tears started rushing down my cheeks. It was for the best. I heard my front gate shut. I steadied my breathing. I heard the gate open again. Why was he back? I opened the door, expecting Dylan. Instead stood Anton. He walked past me and entered my house.

Anton: What's wron...

I jumped into his arms, crying on his shoulder. He made sit down on the couch. I told him what had happened today and he agreed to stay for a while. He had became one of my close friends. After we finished the movie, he looked at me.

Anton: Y/n, tell me. Do you care about him?

I weakly nodded.

Anton: Then why don't you take him back?

Y/n: That's the problem. I care too much about him. In the end, us being together... It would only end up hurting him. I can't do that.

Anton: Why did you break... stop talking?

I gulped.

Y/n: H-He-He cheated on me...
and...nevermind

I looked away.

Anton: You're not telling my me something.

I bit my lip. I hadn't told anyone about what happened at the party. The kiss.
It was time. I had to say something.

Y/n: You remember the party, right?

Anton: The one where we met?

I nodded.

Y/n: Well... After you left, I went o go look for Lucy. I went upstairs. To the second level. The corridor was empty. But when, I turned around...someone jumped up and k-kissed me.

I started shaking and tears reappeared.

Anton hugged me tightly.

Y/n: I-I-I just thought it was my fault. I felt s-so guilty. Like I cheated on Dylan. I would never....

Anton: I know, Y/n, I know. None of this is your fault.

After a while, I calmed down.

Anton: You need some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow.

He left. What an amazing person. It was only 6:20 pm.

I now knew that I loved Dylan. I always have. I just didn't want to admit it. I felt so alone. So I went to the one place that reminded me of him. The parking lot.

I know this might seem awkward, but this was where we had met. I put on my coat and shoved some items into my bag. I made my way to the supermarket. I entered the empty parking lot. There were about 3 cars. A lamppost dimly lit the entrance. I sat on the curb, near the gate. This is where he had given me my DVD. I replayed that day in my head. I shoved my cold hands in my pockets. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. "I miss him", I whispered to myself. Suddenly, I felt a strong hand on my shoulder. I slightly jumped in surprise. "Me too, Y/n", the person answered.          I looked up and saw...Dylan. he sat next to me on the concrete. I flashed him a weak smile. His eyes were red. He had been crying...again.

Y/n: Dylan. I'm so sorry. You were right. We need each other. I...

He leaned in and kissed me passionately. I kissed back. I felt alive again. I pulled away.

Dylan: I love you, Y/n L/n.

Y/n: I love you too, Dylan Kingwell.