Chapter 11

I sit in my office staring at my computer not because I have to work, it is the holidays after all, but I just need a distraction from my thoughts. I don't understand what's happening to me. Why am I like this? Why can't I get her out of my mind? Even the decision to work is not helping one bit because everywhere I look in my office is filled with memories of her. I remember every single moment she spent in this office. A knock on the door brought me out of my reverie.

"Louis, are you in there?" I hear the voice of my sister from the other side of the door.

"Am right here Lucy, you can come in" I said bracing myself for another lecture about how I shouldn't work so much.

"Hey Junior, there you are. I've been looking for you" she said taking a seat on the couch and I glare at her.

"Chill!!! I know you don't like been called that because you are the eldest but still, its just so funny" she said laughing.

"Really? I don't see the humor in it" I said sarcastically.

"Lighten up Louis, its Christmas" she said, smiling.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked ignoring her comment.

"They went out to the park. the kids went too"

" you want mom and dad to handle three kids???" I mean Lucy's twins are a handful then add Joy to it, I just can't imagine.

"Don't worry, peter took them. He can handle the twins" she said confidently. For the sake of our parents, I hope she’s right.

"And is there a reason you didn't go with your husband?" I questioned.

"I didn't go because I want to talk to you." She said, adjusting in her chair.
Oh no!!! I wonder what she's up to now. Lucy is my junior sister and I love her, but she can be overbearing sometimes. always bugging me about how much I work and how I should live more and go out more.

"There's no problem Lucy. I promise I won't work myself into the ground" I assured her.

"Am not talking about work Lou. I know you hate me butting into your business but am just concerned. You look like you got a lot on your mind" she said with concern.

"I don't know Luce, its just complicated" I said sighing, maybe I do need someone to talk to.

"You can talk to me you know, I promise to listen and not offer unsolicited advice"

"You??? Not offering advice?? You know that's next to impossible right?"

"Well I'll try. Now tell me, what's her name?" she said, smiling with a glint in her eye.
'Damn, when did she become psychic?'

"Am not psychic, I just know my brother very well"
O yea, I said that out loud!

"What makes you think its a girl?"

"Because I haven't seen you like this since...well since you know who. Now talk to me and stop avoiding the subject" sisters, so pushy!

"I don't know Luce, am not sure what the problem is" I said, sighing.

"What exactly happened" she looked at me with a questioned look.

"Well nothing" I said flatly

"Louissss" she said dragging the 's'

"Oh fine!!! I kissed her...a few times" I said quietly.

"And?" she urged.

"Am kinda confused. We are not dating but I can't get her out of my head. I haven't seen her for a few days but it feels like ages. Am going out of my mind just missing her. I can't believe the power she has over me. when she was here, I thought some time apart will make the feelings go away but now that's she's gone I miss her so much" I finish pouring my heart out and she has this huge smile on her face like a child on Christmas morning.