Chapter 4

oh God why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut. Am in my room Monday morning totally freaking out. Its been two days since the incident and Mr Philips hasn't said a word about it. He avoided me the rest of the day that Saturday and Sunday was my day off so I left in the morning and came back at night.

"If you apologize sincerely I believe he'll forgive you and let you keep your job" Dee's words played in my head.

Sure, he might forgive me but letting me keep my job.... that’d be a miracle.

"Oh Lord, please don't let my boss fire me. You know I really need this job and am truly sorry for my outburst, please let him forgive me when I apologize. Don't allow him to harden his heart. In Jesus name I've prayed (Amen)."
After that short prayer, I walked out of my room feeling a little better. I was still feeling nervous and terrified though, but I made my way to Joy's room.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty. It’s time for school" I said shaking her lightly. Goodness, that girl can sleep.

"Nooooo. I still want to sleep" she said grumpily.

'Someone doesn't like Mondays' I chuckled lightly to myself.

"If you get up now, I promise to cook your favorite for lunch" I said and smiled when she quickly jumped out of bed.
I get busy getting Joy ready for school that I didn't have the time to talk to Mr Philips. It’s for the best though, it’s not the kind of conversation I want to have in the morning.

"Come on Joy, let's get going" I said motioning for Joy to follow me once she finished her breakfast.

"Its alright. I'll take her to school today" a deep voice said behind me and I didn’t have to turn around to know the source.

"OK sir" I said nervously.

"You and I will talk when I get back from work" he said icily and walked out with his daughter.

'Yay can't wait to get fired' I sighed to myself. This is definitely the beginning of the end.
I tried to distract myself by helping Abby with the house chores but that didn't work. I kept staring at the clock nervously checking the time when my boss will be back.

"Anabelle, what's wrong with you? You've been fidgety all morning." Abby said with a concerned look on her face.

"It’s nothing, am fine" I lied forcing a small smile.

"Of course, you are fine! that's why you look so worried" she said with sarcasm.
I decided to tell her the truth, after all the truth might set me free in this situation.

" well I think am gonna get fired" I said unsure of what she might say.

"Why? Because of what happened on Saturday?" she questioned, and I nodded my head in affirmation

"Well I won't be surprised. Mr Philips doesn't keep a nanny for too long, but you'll break the record since you managed to get kicked out in less than a week." She said chuckling.

"Not funny Abby" I said glaring at her to show her I wasn't amused in the slightest.

"Oh lighten up! I was just trying to make you feel better" she said still grinning.

"Its not working Abby" I said shaking my head.

"Well Ana, am gonna be praying for you. that's all I can do. You'll definitely need it" she said sighing.

"I know" I said hanging my head down.

"Aren't you going to pick Joy?" she asked

"No, her father is bringing her home." I replied absent mindedly