Chapter 10

I woke up two hours before my usual time this morning. I don’t know if its due to lack of sleep 0r the amazing events of last night, perhaps a combination of both. I wonder what this morning will bring? Was last night a mistake on his part? Will he apologize, pretend the kiss never happened or confess his feelings? Get a grip girl! Confess what feelings? am positive he doesn’t feel anything for me. Maybe he just got carried away and I allowed him.’ He was just fooling around Ana’ I sadly admitted to myself cause that’s the only explanation that makes sense. I got up, said my prayers and then went to the bathroom to shower. After dressing up it was still early so I open my bible to the book of Romans to do some studies before breakfast time.

“good morning Nanny” joy said brightly when I entered her room.
“morning baby. How are you?” I said, smiling at her.

“am excited cause am going to help daddy prepare breakfast this morning” she said with excitement bubbling through her. Since it’s the holidays, Abby only comes in three times a week now and today is one of her days off.

“wow. That’s great. Well let’s get you dressed so we can go down and help him”

“okay nanny” she replied and jumped off her bed, heading straight for the bathroom.

I walked hand in hand with Joy down the stairs and we made our way into the kitchen where Louis is behind the gas stove already getting started with the cooking. I don’t know which is more attractive, him in t-shirt and shorts or him looking so at home in the kitchen or maybe a combination of both. I giggled inwardly at the sight.

“so, what are we cooking dad” joy’s voice cut into my thoughts and I realize I’ve just been standing in the door way gawking at the both of them or the adult male to be more precise.

“well baby, we are making pasta and vegetable sauce if that’s okay with your nanny of course” he said winking at me and I felt heat rise up my cheeks as expectant eyes turn on me.

“oh, anything is fine with me. Am not really selective” I said with a wave of my hands.

“hi Bella, did you sleep well?” he said gazing at me as if trying to judge if I will answer truthfully or not.

“I slept well, thanks” I said keeping my tone as even as possible.

“are you sure about that?” he stepped closed and whispered into my ears “liar”. He gazed into my eyes and My kneels felt weak, I felt like holding on to the counter for support not because of his words but because he’s standing so close I could almost hear his heartbeat. My heart beats erratically in my chest and I take a step back afraid he might discover the effect his presence has on me.

“dad, should I chop the vegetables?” joy asks breaking our heated moment.

“no sweety, just wash the one I already chopped. I don’t want you touching those knives. They are very sharp” he says turning his attention back on his daughter.

“am six, dad, am no longer three years old” she said rolling her eyes

“what should I do?” I asked, cutting into the conversation.

“just sit there and look pretty” he said flashing me a smile that sends my heart pounding again.

“no thanks, I can’t just sit here and do nothing” I said and made my way to the stove but before I could do anything I felt two strong hands by my shoulders guiding me back to the counter. It felt so good to have his arms around me even if its just on my shoulders. He lifted me and placed me on the kitchen counter.

“now just sit here and watch me cook the best pasta you’ve ever tasted” he winked at me again before turning his attention back to the stove.