Part 14

In order to get rid of Nandini, first Soha had to analyze where things stood. Soha's eyes were on Manik as usual, but this time she was also watching Nandini. No doubt Soha was jealous seeing Nandini's closeness with the family, but seeing her closeness with Manik was something that she couldn't bear at all. She felt that Nandini had occupied the place which was meant to be hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Next morning, Nandini didn't come to give tea to Manik as usual. Nyonika came instead.

        Manik : "How come you are here today mom? Where is Nandini?"

        Nyonika : "She didn't come out of her room yet. Maybe she is still sleeping. Can you check on her to make sure she is fine?"

        Manik agreed to check and went to Nandini's room. Nandini was wide awake. She was sitting on her bed, but she wasn't her usual self.

        Manik : "What happened? Why are you so sad?"

        Manik saw Nandini holding her parents photo.

        Manik : "Were you thinking about your parents?"

        Nandini : "Yes, it is there death anniversary today."

        Manik : "Is there anything special you have to do today in their remembrance?"

        Nandini : "There isn't anything I can do expect remember that dreadful night."

        Manik : "Do you still remember, weren't you little then?"

        Nandini : "I will never be able to forget that stormy night. I was with them when the accident happened, but I survived. I am still scared of stormy nights because it reminds me of that night."

        Manik didn't know what to say to comfort Nandini, but he didn't want to leave her like that, so he thought that it was best to divert her mind.

        Manik : "I am going out for some work. Why don't you join me?"

        Nandini : "You carry on. I will stay here."

        Manik : "You will stay here and remain sad thinking about your parents. Do you think they will be happy to see you sad like this?"

        Nandini nodded her head indicating a no.

        Manik : "Come with me and give me company."

       Nandini still wasn't ready to accompany him.

        Manik : "I will need your help. Won't you come with me to help me?"

        Actually Manik didn't need any help, but he knew Nandini wouldn't deny when it comes to it. Nandini agreed to go with Manik.

        Soha came to know that Manik was going out from Nyonika.

        Soha : "Manik, shall I come with you to give you company?"

        Manik : "I have already asked Nandini to accompany me."

        Manik asked Nandini to accompany him to divert her mind, but it also helped him escape from taking Soha with him.

        Manik and Nandini left from home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~