Part 18

It was time for the Sangeet ceremony. Everyone performed the dance numbers they had been practicing for the past few weeks. After Manik and Nandini's dance, everyone complimented them on their performance.

        Navya : "You both set the stage on fire. Who could tell that the couple who were hesitating to hold hands, while dancing a few weeks back, would give the best performance today?"

        Nandini / Manik : "And the credit goes to you!"

        Navya pretended to raise her collar.

        The photographer was taking individual, couple as well as group photos. Nandini tried to stay away since she wasn't a part of their family nor would she be in the future, but no one let her be. They made sure that Nandini posed for the family photos. After all the couples had posed for their pictures, Navya made Manik and Nandini pose too. Manik and Nandini stood next to each other, but there was a gap between them.

        Navya : "What is this Bhai? You are the youngest couple from the current generation here, but you are behaving worse than the couples from the older generation. I didn't expect that I will have to help you to pose for the photos after the mind blowing performance you both gave on stage."

        Navya suddenly pushed Nandini towards Manik. Nandini wasn't expecting her to do so and she lost her balance, and Manik held her protectively. Navya signaled the photographer to take pictures and he immediately captured a series of photos, from the time Manik held Nandini to the time she was able to stand steady. Though there was nothing between them (or maybe they were yet to realize), to someone looking at them, it appeared as though they had posed as a loving couple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It was time for the Haldi ceremony. Everyone was applying haldi to Mukti one by one.

When Nandini saw Manik,

        Nandini : "Your words and action don't match."

        Manik : "What did I do for you to say so?"

        Nandini : "You were saying that you didn't want to get married for a few years, but it appears that you are in a hurry. While applying haldi to Mukti, you applied some on yourself too?"

        Manik : "What? Why will I apply on myself?"

        Nandini : "There is haldi on your forehead."

        Manik lifted his hand to wipe it off, but Nandini stopped him since he was yet to wash his hands after applying haldi to Mukti.

        Nandini : "Let me wipe it, otherwise you will end up getting more haldi on yourself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Mukti and Abhi's wedding took place with all the rituals. The bride's side had hidden Abhi's shoes and the groom's side weren't able to find it even after searching a lot. Cabir was there from Abhi's side. Cabir tried to take advantage of his closeness with Nandini.

        Cabir : "Please give me a clue as to where Abhis's shoes are hidden."

        Nandini : "Sorry, I can't do that, but I can give you a suggestion to get the shoes."

        Cabir was listening to Nandini eagerly.

        Nandini (teasing) : "Instead of asking me for a clue, if you ask Navya lovingly, I am sure she will handover the shoes to you easily."