Chapter 1

Tony was alone in his house. Since breaking up with Pepper Potts he had isolated himself completely. He wouldn't even talk to any of the Avengers for weeks, even months.

Tony was scared of the outside world. His anxiety had become much worse and he had nightmares almost every night.

His only contact left was Jarvis, and even with his company, he felt lonely.

"Sir, may I suggest that you find someone to talk to, you seem very depressed and your sleep patterns are not very good." Jarvis wanted to persuade him. He hated when Tony was upset.

"I don't need anyone Jarvis, I've got myself."

"And that's not enough."

Tony cocked his head to the side and gave a small sigh. "I didn't build you to be smart with me."

"Tony I have been looking online for people. Anyone and everyone. I found this great guy that I think you would like to meet."

"I'm not gay Jarvis..." His head dropped slightly and he waited for Jarvis to respond.

"I'm not implying that. I am just saying he is a very interesting person."

Tony turned round and leaned on his kitchen counter. "And what do you mean by that?"

"He is a neurosurgeon, a doctor, and a magical sorcerer of the mystic arts"

"I thought a neurosurgeon was a doctor... And no way am I going to get to know a real life gandalf!" He seemed very negative about the idea.

"Well you never know unless-" Tony cut Jarvis off.

"You try." Thoughts of this guy were flowing through his mind. His brain was trying to decide, yet it had been damaged by his relationship with Pepper. He couldn't think straight. "Fine. Get him here tomorrow at 9."

"Yes sir. He will be here at 9am."

"Thank you Jarvis." He gave a quick smile, even though Jarvis could not see him.

"No problem Sir."